Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you CHOOSE to believe the Bible?

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,358 Times in 1,788 Posts
    With me it was like someone giving me a huge, big warm hug. What else needs to said, He's THE ONE. He knows what each of us need.

I've been down before this happened, but maybe not down far enough, HE knew I needed His help at that time and place.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1skrewsloose For This Useful Post:

Mad Trapper (01-30-2024),Michael_Js (01-29-2024),Slippy (01-30-2024)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,358 Times in 1,788 Posts
    Just one more thing to add, I have never before or since felt a feeling of such peace and well being, serious here, such calm and no worries. Like heaven???!! Have we been touched by His hand? I think so.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1skrewsloose For This Useful Post:

Mad Trapper (01-30-2024),Michael_Js (01-29-2024),Slippy (01-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,347 Times in 4,345 Posts
    I guess I didn't really address the question originally asked.

First off . . . there are basically two choices . . . Creation VS Big Bang.

The big bang says that all the material of the planets, stars, moons, asteroids, of ALL THE SOLAR SYSTEM . . . was at one time condensed into a place no bigger than a tablespoon.

And then there was a BIG BANG which sent all the matter out into space . . . and it formed the planets, stars, suns, moons, asteroids . . . and gave the raw material for every thing else to "evolve" from.

Creation says in 6 days . . . God spoke what He wanted done . . . and Jesus created it (Genesis 1 / St. John 1) . . . and it was all done by intelligent design.

Big bang said the grand canyon and all other similar formations came from little rivers meandering for 3 billion or so years.

Creation says it was created after Noah's flood. AND big bang has no answer for the fish remains found 10,000 or so feet above sea level . . . disclaiming the flood as a myth.

Big bang says we should do as our hearts prod us to do . . . with no remorse . . . nothing "immoral" or "evil" . . . if it feels good . . . do it.

Creation lists 10 commandments that have for 3500 years been a yardstick that has created virtually all the laws on all the books . . . and thru it's teachings . . . led to the greatest country ever created to come into existence on July 4th 1776.

Big bang says that everything living today has evolved from another life form over several billion years . . . slowly but surely . . . with minute changes . . . one example is that the tyrannasaurus rex evilved into the . . . ready for it???? . . . the chicken. Yep . . . they say you're eating a 2024 model of the TR every time you go to Col Sanders.

Creation challenged big bang to show remains of the interim evolutions . . . and are still awaiting the first example. So far big bang has come up MT handed.

I could go on and on for a long time . . . but I think you all get the point. From a logical standpoint . . . big bang didn't happen . . . creation did.

AND . . . if creation did . . . hard as it us for mere humans to fathom . . . then since that is the start of the book . . . that means the rest must be true because there is no section that can hold a candle to God taking Adam's rib and from it fashioning the most beautiful woman in the world from it.

Yeah . . . I believe the Bible simply because it is true . . . it has to be . . . there is absolutely NO OTHER explanation for us getting here.

Which brings up the big point . . . US . . . why are we here? We are simply placed here to make one simple choice. Jesus or Satan . . . like it or not . . . we will serve one or we will serve the other . . . and refusing to make a choice makes that person a default Satan worshipper . . .

How's that???? It's simply because Romans 3:23 proclaims all as sinners . . . and without the repentance . . . a sinner they will stay . . . and when they die . . . they will burn in hell forever.

This ol preacher figured that out several decades ago . . . and ain't about to change.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (01-30-2024),Broncosfan (01-30-2024),Inor (01-30-2024),Michael_Js (01-29-2024),Slippy (01-30-2024),T-Man 1066 (01-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,336 Times in 7,105 Posts
    I don't study or read the Bible as much as I used to, Mrs Slippy reads every day and has attended a Women's Bible Study for years.

With me, it's much more of a personal relationship with Lord and Savior. We talk regularly, He nudges me gently... mostly. I make Him chuckle.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (01-30-2024),Broncosfan (01-30-2024),Dwight55 (01-30-2024),Inor (01-30-2024),Michael_Js (01-30-2024),stevekozak (02-01-2024),T-Man 1066 (01-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,237 Times in 10,488 Posts
    Thanks Pastor Dwight!

I honestly do not have the brain power to deal with figuring that out. And frankly, even if I did, it is unlikely to change how I go about life. I figure, He put me here, at this time, for some reason with a task or set of tasks to accomplish. My job is just to accomplish those tasks as best as I can and leave the rest to Him. Maybe some day I will be privy to how I fit into the overall tapestry of life, the universe and everything; or maybe I won't. Either way, I am fine with it.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (01-30-2024),Broncosfan (01-30-2024),Dwight55 (01-30-2024),Michael_Js (01-30-2024)

My opinion, is better to believe and be wrong, then not to believe and be wrong….

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rstanek For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (01-30-2024),Broncosfan (01-30-2024),Dwight55 (01-30-2024),hawgrider (01-30-2024),Michael_Js (01-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,373 Times in 14,825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Around 1978 during the blizzard, I went to a non-denominational church, and the pastor asked if anyone had an injury. I claimed my knee, and it was healed. That is until New Years Eve 2008, when I slipped on the ice covered drive prepping for ice fishing

Or when AquaLung came out, and I didn't confirm a religion.
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Michael_Js (01-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,360 Posts
    I choose to believe The Book because the ending is so good.
    War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevekozak For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (02-01-2024),Michael_Js (02-01-2024)

Occasionally Replies Back

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I was never a big believer until about 15 years ago. My wife gave me a David Jerimiah book "What in the world is going on" I couldn't put it down. Then I had to understand how everything I had been taught about evolution was wrong.

I sat down and looked at differences between millions of years ago when evolution began and now. After I SWAGed some numbers. It became simple math if you look at evolution ratios 1 change in 10,000 persons over 100,000 years. Now there are 8 billion people in the world. If you continue to use the same ratio evolution falls apart. If my numbers are correct, you should have a major evolutionary change every 8 years.

Now I know there is no way that we couldn't be here without outside help.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Modfan For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (02-01-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    My opinion, is better to believe and be wrong, then not to believe and be wrong….
    Pascals Wager

He argued that people can choose to believe in God or can choose to not believe in God, and that God either exists or he does not.
    Under these conditions, if a person believes in the Christian God and this God actually exists, they gain infinite happiness;
    if a person does not believe in the Christian God and God exists, they receive infinite suffering.

On the other hand, if a person believes in the Christian God and God does not exist, then they receive some finite disadvantages from a life of Christian living;
    and if a person does not believe in this God and God does not exist, then they receive some finite pleasure from a life lived unhindered by Christian morality.
    “America, it is said, is suffering from intolerance — it is not. It is suffering from tolerance.
    Tolerance of right and wrong, truth and error, virtue and evil, Christ and chaos.
    Our country is not nearly so overrun with the bigoted as it is overrun with the broadminded.”
    ― Fulton J. Sheen

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
    – Mahatma Gandhi

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LivoniaDan For This Useful Post:

Box of frogs (02-02-2024),rstanek (02-02-2024),stevekozak (02-03-2024)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12