Thread: Garden 2024

Hybrid View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,385 Times in 7,115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I'm off to a late start. I was AWOL ~2 weeks in March, almost poked my eye out pruning apples, so stayed drunk ~ 1 week with scratched cornea. Then almost cut tip of middle finger off cooking dinner (sober both times of carnage). Also couldn't help out at friends greenhouse..........he's off to late start....and I'm way behind on spring clean up, several huge pines came down in the fields and front yard.

Still can't stick my finger in the dirt yet, but I screened off some soil mix through 1/4" poultry netting and got started on peppers (3 types), tomatoes (6 types) and broccoli/cabbages (3 types each). I mark off varieties in the flats using yarn scraps. Didn't have the nice labels so cut up a milk jug and made those, labeled with sharpie. They are geminating next to the woodstove.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2024 peppers tomato flats.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	29087

Name:	2024 broc cabbage flats.jpg 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	29088

Also made up a watering can from another gallon milk jug, drilled holes from inside cap. Going to make another cap with smaller holes but this one works OK, it and the labels were "free"

Name:	1 watering can.jpg 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	29089
    Good to hear all is well Mad T!

Me and Mrs S are a bit lazy this year for whatever reason. Plants that we normally start from seed, we haven't yet. So we'll probably buy some seedlings if we find a good deal.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (04-14-2024),Inor (04-13-2024),Mad Trapper (04-13-2024),Michael_Js (04-13-2024)