Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bees

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    What a good little woman. She doesn't even contest her rightful place. (at this point my wife says, "beside you my dear") that is her cute little way of telling me that "Sir" is stepping out of bounds. She is so cute!
    Goodness he hates when I call him sir

And I do know my place
    "Liberty is too precious a thing to be buried in books, Miss Saunders. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say, 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will' "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to justlooking For This Useful Post:

Pauls (07-22-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I tried bees for a year, in the fall the bears came down and cleaned them out. Haven't messed with them since, but have been thinking of a stone covering and will possibly try it again

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,183 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Bees are not that hard to take care of, . . . there are a few things that make all the world of difference in whether or not, . . . or how much, . . . honey you get.

I've only "fiddled" with it, . . . never got serious, . . . got one hive.

I truly enjoy just sitting and watching the little boogers come and go, . . . and they respect the guy who keeps the weeds away from their place. I can go over and sit down right next to the hive, . . . they just kinda act like "hey, . . . the mower just showed up, . . . every one smile for him".

One year I got about 10 qts of honey off three hives, . . . two of them died out, . . . so I only have one now.

If you are going to try it, . . . make sure you get stung two or three times to find out if you have any propensity for allergic reaction. If you do, . . . better leave them alone. You can make a mistake, . . . and get a bunch of stings, . . . with any allergy, . . . you could be dead in 5 minutes.

I have a niece who is seriously deathly allergic to them. She does not come to my house.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (07-18-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rancher View Post
    I tried bees for a year, in the fall the bears came down and cleaned them out. Haven't messed with them since, but have been thinking of a stone covering and will possibly try it again
    Same with my bees.
    Admin for the BEST gun site on the web! WELCOME TO THE OTP!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123