Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!

Dinky Dau

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DerBiermeister View Post
    The stuff listed is good advice. I use several credit cards for ALL PURCHASES. I usually rack up 3-4 grand per month on groceries, gas, ..... you name it. I of course pay them off completely every month. I have not spent one dime in interest in the last 15 years other than home mortgage loan. I also have some excellent credit cards that pay handsomely in cash rewards. Typically, I earn around $1000 a year in cash rewards -- without it costing me a red cent.

I recently checked my credit score and It is 840. I have not been below 750 for these past 15 years. In over 50 years of marriage, my wife and I have never missed a payment on anything.

One thing you want to avoid as much as possible -- and that is having a LOT of folks checking your credit -- like auto dealerships. Only allow them to do so when you are very close to arranging for financing. It turns out that a lot of activity in outfits checking up on you is detrimental to your credit score. Just like if you were shopping around for refinancing a mortgage -- DO NOT let them ping your credit until you are in the final stages.

I agree with the Beer Man- This is how I have done things for years also- I get gear and plane trips with my credit cards- BUT I pay them off monthly- do not allow anything to "stack" up on you.

I have had a few loans for vehicles and homes, but the biggest thing to help my credit score was using and paying the cards off monthly.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coppertop For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (03-31-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I understand all the posts, I have a really high credit rating but IMO the need for it will change really quickly.

Here is a intellectual blue pill, red pill series that you should see

http://www.peakprosperity.com/crashcourse

IMO when you finish the 3 plus hours of video's, you will not buy a new or newer car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12