Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hertz Rental Cars

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,228 Times in 10,487 Posts

Exclamation Hertz Rental Cars

Normally when I travel, I used National or Enterprise for my rental cars. For some reason this week, my travel gal Cindy booked my car through Hertz. Driving into work this morning, I noticed they had installed a camera in the car to watch me. I had always assumed they would track the car. But having a camera watching me is too invasive. So I taped a piece of paper over the lens. I am guessing it might have a microphone in the car too.

Anyway, if you value your privacy, do not rent from Hertz. I know National does not have cameras or microphones in their cars (yet).

Edit: This evening I will be looking over their NeverLost device to see if I can find the fuse for it to disable it.
    Last edited by Inor; 05-05-2015 at 10:40 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (05-05-2015),Innkeeper (05-05-2015),James m (05-05-2015),OSFG (05-05-2015),Slippy (05-05-2015),Txwheels (05-05-2015)

Hertz is off my list!
    If I don't answer the phone, it's probably because I'm in the Senate, taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress..

Oh, and according to the dipsh** from Atlanta, I'm one of those Pansy A** Texans.

So this means I can't immediately leave their lot and go 4 wheeling anymore.... Damn it! Assholes take the fun out of everything.

How bout they concentrate on vacuuming out the pot seeds from the previous user so some innocent sap doesn't get a cavity search at the Canadian border...
    Yep happened to someone I know. They got the fingers on both sides once entering Canada and once coming back to the states.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,350 Posts
    And I bitched about getting a subaru outback instead of a chev malibu.

Little Miss Chatterbox 1moretoy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Normally when I travel, I used National or Enterprise for my rental cars. For some reason this week, my travel gal Cindy booked my car through Hertz. Driving into work this morning, I noticed they had installed a camera in the car to watch me. I had always assumed they would track the car. But having a camera watching me is too invasive. So I taped a piece of paper over the lens. I am guessing it might have a microphone in the car too.

Anyway, if you value your privacy, do not rent from Hertz. I know National does not have cameras or microphones in their cars (yet).

Edit: This evening I will be looking over their NeverLost device to see if I can find the fuse for it to disable it.
    So they never told you they would be secretly taping you?

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Have to say I will never use their cars now.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Sorry but what do they do when the teenagers rent cars for prom season?

Or anything else you do in a car, pick your nose, argue with the wife about prom season....
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanks for the 'heads up" Inor!! I very seldom have use of a rental, but if I ever do again, it won't be Hertz!!
    Semper Fidelis - Saepius Exertus - Frater Infinitas

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,336 Times in 4,829 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have never rented a car, but if I ever do, it won't be from Hertz. Thanks Inor
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,295 Times in 7,093 Posts
    Damnit, I have used Hertz a lot and I've never noticed the camera. Rest assured if I do see a camera, I will drop my pants and shove my big hairy ass right up against the lens. Whatever pervert is monitoring the film footage is in for a big ole shot of Slippy ass.

Drive it like a rental car!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast