Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you see the Apocalypse happening?

Hybrid View

Don't get too close, I bite! DerBiermeister's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,617 Times in 2,513 Posts

How do you see the Apocalypse happening?

And how soon?

Of course this is all conjecture, but I would think that everyone has an opinion on this.

There are many different scenarios that could bring on The End Of Days -- anywhere from man-made disasters (Yellowstone blowing or a Comet strike), nuclear war brought on by any of a number of dangerous confrontations, class warfare, race warfare, total world-wide economic collapse ......... just to name a few.

In most of these scenarios, I see the big cities emptying out. As the grid goes down, it will all fall like a house of cards tumbling. And we will become a desperate society so quick it will make your head swim.

If you've paid any attention at all to the news in the last few years, it is like a boiler getting ready to explode, in all directions. Therefore, whatever is coming ... I think it will be within the next few years -- five at the most. While race and class tensions are at an all time high, I think it will actually be a nuclear confrontation that sets it all off. North Korea, Iran, ISIS taking over Pakistan (with all their nukes), Russia feeling their oats, China doing ....... whatever the hell those slant-eyed bastards are up to (and the west will never figure them out). Our biggest problem is that we have no standing anymore in the world. All these renegade nations know that we can't even talk a good story anymore, let alone control things. So, the world is a VERY dangerous place now, more so than ever before. Too many pirate countries have gotten access to the bomb. On the other hand, we don't have the foresight or guts to take down a renegade nation BEFORE it all gets out of hand.

Maybe it is just the musings of an old fart late on a Sunday night --- but I see it coming and relatively soon.
    “Keep your scope up and we’ll shoot that SOB down the throat” -- Dudley "Mush" Morton, USS Wahoo
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DerBiermeister For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (08-03-2015),Inor (08-02-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    I see the speed in which our poor and minority populace (mainly Black) become violent once the fountain of free stuff gets diminished or turned off or they are incited by a perceived injustice...joined by others who are usually apologist or self deprecatory white folks or sympathetic others. Once both occur, the inability to sustain the "unwillingly to work" folks, and it is slanted to be a racial reason.....cities will burn, looting will begin. Whites and other hated groups in various areas will bear the brunt of the anger and much bloodshed will occur.

If it gets to be a situation in which the federal government declares martial law with force approved to sustain it...then the pockets of resistance will arise, as well as the pockets of terrorists who will fight the same government for entirely different reasons. So there will exist a situation that pits all races and religions against each other with little trust.

Will it happen? I don't know...but the Government, the media, and the minorities have fostered just such a scenario.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (08-03-2015),Dwight55 (08-03-2015),Inor (08-02-2015),shootbrownelk (08-03-2015),Sparkyprep (08-03-2015),Txwheels (08-03-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,275 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Hmmm... Do I think this is the Apocalypse, as in the real Apocalypse with Trumpets and Seals ending in Jesus returning? Not just yet. Although I do believe there will be a day when that happens. I just do not think it is now.

Will the coming years seem like an apocalypse to most Americans? Absolutely.

I think we are presently at the same point culturally that we were in 1858 and 1968. Whether we go down the path we went in 1861 with all out civil war and brother fighting brother or we go down the path we went down in 1971 with the crazies setting off some bombs and generally raising hell remains to be seen. Either way, our culture is at a MAJOR inflection point. The uncertainty scares me sometimes. But it is also a chance to set our culture right again, and that really excites me. This is the golden opportunity to step back out of the political muck and get folks back to our principles of liberty.

I know which way I am going. Do you?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (08-03-2015),hawgrider (08-03-2015),Txwheels (08-03-2015)

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    This perceived "situation" that we are in is a facade. The ones in control are purposely playing gender against gender, race against race, religion against religion and political party against political party to keep us distracted so we don't fight the real threat. The real threat is the government behind all the shenanigans. "The man (men) behind the curtain" is just using these minor irritations to keep us fighting each other as they grab power that the neither need nor deserve.

Are we headed for the end? If we don't wake up we are. Every time there is an "emergency" or a "catastrophe" the government steps in to take more control. Then they reinforce that control and then they get ready to take advantage of the next "emergency" or "catastrophe". There isn't going to be any one gig event it will all end with just the last little event where we give up the last of our rights. You disagree?

In 1950 if they had wanted to search people before they allowed you to fly there would have been a revolution. Right before 9-11 it would have been unthinkable to search people before they got on a plane. One day after 9-11 they were searching people before they got on a plane - it made people feel safer. Even when the searches didn't work and people over-powered radicals on the plane we submitted to more and more invasive searches. The TSA has NEVER stopped a terrorist from getting on a plane. Yet we happily disrobe and tolerate being groped in order to FEEL safer on a plane. That has happened to our fourth amendment protections because it was a "reasonable" invasion to tolerate to FEEL safe. They are doing the same thing to our other rights, slowly making it acceptable to remove the protections that the government is supposed to provide. They have made "1st amendment zones" and "constitutional free zones". They allow illegal aliens to cross the border and look the other way when they commit crimes. This will culminate in forcing us to carry citizenship papers. (stopped on the corner by a TSA agent and he says: "Papers please!" ) - it will never happen? That could have been said about our first amendment rights - or our fourth amendment rights - we have been saying it about our second amendment rights but there are places in the USA that you can't own a gun without permission. Places where, if you carry a visible gun you are harassed, detained and even arrested.

None of this could have happened in 1950, 1060, 1970 or even in 1980. But they have used crisis and circumstances to make it acceptable and we keep voting the same kinds of folks into office because they say things that make us FEEL better. We need to look hard at our constitution and remember that good men and women have fought hard and long for that document to mean something. We need to make it mean something again. We need to turn our backs on those who have been encroaching on our god given rights and turn to those who believe as we do, in the strength of the people and the value of the constitution.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pauls For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (08-03-2015),DerBiermeister (08-03-2015),Sparkyprep (08-03-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    This perceived "situation" that we are in is a facade. The ones in control are purposely playing gender against gender, race against race, religion against religion and political party against political party to keep us distracted so we don't fight the real threat. The real threat is the government behind all the shenanigans. "The man (men) behind the curtain" is just using these minor irritations to keep us fighting each other as they grab power that the neither need nor deserve.

Are we headed for the end? If we don't wake up we are. Every time there is an "emergency" or a "catastrophe" the government steps in to take more control. Then they reinforce that control and then they get ready to take advantage of the next "emergency" or "catastrophe". There isn't going to be any one gig event it will all end with just the last little event where we give up the last of our rights. You disagree?

In 1950 if they had wanted to search people before they allowed you to fly there would have been a revolution. Right before 9-11 it would have been unthinkable to search people before they got on a plane. One day after 9-11 they were searching people before they got on a plane - it made people feel safer. Even when the searches didn't work and people over-powered radicals on the plane we submitted to more and more invasive searches. The TSA has NEVER stopped a terrorist from getting on a plane. Yet we happily disrobe and tolerate being groped in order to FEEL safer on a plane. That has happened to our fourth amendment protections because it was a "reasonable" invasion to tolerate to FEEL safe. They are doing the same thing to our other rights, slowly making it acceptable to remove the protections that the government is supposed to provide. They have made "1st amendment zones" and "constitutional free zones". They allow illegal aliens to cross the border and look the other way when they commit crimes. This will culminate in forcing us to carry citizenship papers. (stopped on the corner by a TSA agent and he says: "Papers please!" ) - it will never happen? That could have been said about our first amendment rights - or our fourth amendment rights - we have been saying it about our second amendment rights but there are places in the USA that you can't own a gun without permission. Places where, if you carry a visible gun you are harassed, detained and even arrested.

None of this could have happened in 1950, 1060, 1970 or even in 1980. But they have used crisis and circumstances to make it acceptable and we keep voting the same kinds of folks into office because they say things that make us FEEL better. We need to look hard at our constitution and remember that good men and women have fought hard and long for that document to mean something. We need to make it mean something again. We need to turn our backs on those who have been encroaching on our god given rights and turn to those who believe as we do, in the strength of the people and the value of the constitution.
    Paul... I remember explicitly being searched prior to 911. It was a matter of fact back then too. You are flying on a private airline so subject to their rules... Just like a club owner has every right to search those who enter. Lets not confuse right in public with rights of private owners. But in all other things you are right...death by a thousand cuts. We let our Government become the savior against all woes...only to learn they are the cause of most of them...and the benefactor from them and we are the fools.

OSFG

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    Those "private" airlines are carrying mail and the "private" airline is provided its destinations and routes by the US government via the FAA.
    Those "private" airlines operate with public access and just like stores they cannot legally search you without a warrant or by permission.
    You can freely give your permission to be searched but if you insist upon a warrant then they either get a warrant (which would be unlikely because there is no probable cause) or they can legally allow you to pass. Unless you break the law they have no power to prevent you from traveling a "postal route" peacefully and lawfully.

I agree - this was implemented over a period of time and began by checking carry-on luggage with X-ray machines. The TSA was first used in 2002?? to screen people through metal detectors. If it beeped then they used a wand to clear you. It progressed from that to the full body search that they do now - even though they have never prevented a terrorist from getting on a plane.
    People have been convinced that it is OK to search them in the name of safety when it is no safer today to fly than it was in 1950.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pauls For This Useful Post:

Sparkyprep (08-03-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    Those "private" airlines are carrying mail and the "private" airline is provided its destinations and routes by the US government via the FAA.
    Those "private" airlines operate with public access and just like stores they cannot legally search you without a warrant or by permission.
    You can freely give your permission to be searched but if you insist upon a warrant then they either get a warrant (which would be unlikely because there is no probable cause) or they can legally allow you to pass. Unless you break the law they have no power to prevent you from traveling a "postal route" peacefully and lawfully.

I agree - this was implemented over a period of time and began by checking carry-on luggage with X-ray machines. The TSA was first used in 2002?? to screen people through metal detectors. If it beeped then they used a wand to clear you. It progressed from that to the full body search that they do now - even though they have never prevented a terrorist from getting on a plane.
    People have been convinced that it is OK to search them in the name of safety when it is no safer today to fly than it was in 1950.
    Paul we will just have to disagree on this. They are still privately owned businesses and even though they are regulated by the Government it still does not prevent them from ensuring that all the others on board are safe. I won't argue that they are doing it well, but as a frequent traveler I think it is correct to do this. To my club reference, they are selling alcohol on a Government issued liquor license and operating under City, State and Federal mandates and restrictions...its still a privately owned business. How many sporting events or concerts have you been too were they search you? Nearly all of them...this is not an infringement on our rights...it is the price of admission..You do not have an inalienable right to fly on their AC. We just look at it differently.

and the advent of TSA does not mark the start of security screening:
    In 1972, the FAA began its canine program after several incidents where bombs downed passenger airplanes. In December of that year, the FAA required all passengers to be inspected by armed guards or screened by metal detectors. And considering the number of attempts versus successes it has had an effects:
    1930's 1 bombing
    1940's 0 bombings 0 Hijacking (HJ)
    1950's 3 bombing/0 HJ
    1960's 4 bombing/5 HJ
    1970's 2 bombing/16 HJ
    1980's 1 bombing/2 HJ
    1990's 0 bombing/1 HJ attempt
    2000's 0 bombings/3 HJ (9-1-1)
    2010's 0 bombings/ 0 HJ

These are stats for US departing flights not foreign flights coming in screened elsewhere.

As you can see there were 31 events over a 50 year period up until screening began

Since then 6 events in the last 45 years even though Air traffic has increased by several orders of magnitude.

Sir, TSA may suck at places and times...but over all, considering how many people are trying to harm us....its gotten better.
    Last edited by OSFG; 08-03-2015 at 05:05 PM.

*"For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night."

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (08-04-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,398 Times in 14,833 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    *"For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night."

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"
    And there you have an Apocalypse,knowledge has been revealed

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    And there you have an Apocalypse,knowledge has been revealed
    Nothin new right? Its age old. I realize you may be in denial but the ending has been written a long long time.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast