Thread: The unknown Heroes we have served with- Lets tell their stories.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts

The unknown Heroes we have served with- Lets tell their stories.

I learned today,,,I should not share that which is sacred....forgive me my friends.
    Last edited by OSFG; 08-03-2015 at 01:14 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Inor (08-02-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    There is no "greatest" generation. Only great individuals. You are one of them. You have told us accounts of others. I hope you continue so the rest of us can figure out the standard we need to live up to.

Thanks to you and thanks to your friends lost, and not lost.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    thanks so much Inor...It was bothering me that no one commented for awhile... it made me think I should delete this and be quiet. I get impatient when I put my soul out there. I talk of this for folks like you, who I want to know that our military is full of folks like me and better than me...not mindless autobots doing the governments bidding.. We are you...we are your kids, moms and dads... not Nazi SS. we will be there with you when it counts...I know I will be, as will my boys.
    At least with me, you forget who you are talking to. Do not forget I have spend about half my time the last couple years working with Army and Navy folks at Ft Mead, Ft Gordon and Pearl. I am proud as hell of "my" kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (08-03-2015)

Enthusiast

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I read them and was honored to do so. Thank you for sharing.

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    Personal histories are a blessing to be shared. It reminds us that there are men and women who do valiant deeds when they are called upon. Like some it stands out as a ruler with which to measure my own convictions.

It can also lead people to wait for that "other" person to step in and do something. we each have to realize that we have to be the "hero" when called upon. We have to make the tough choices and take the risks to make each day better for all of us. Sadly most just accept what they are handed and move along with the crowd. "follow the company or party line. Don't think about going outside the boundaries and take a chance that it will be unpopular.

We see it at the airports, at the "gun free" zones and at the polls. Keep walking that party line - it is "better for you" and the results just keep getting worse.

Look at our history - look at those who really made a difference. Imitate their valor if you don't have your own.

Those past heroes, and those among us who have done heroic things are to be honored and respected for what they did - not because it was extraordinary but because it was the right thing to do at the time. Then decide for yourself what the right thing to do is right now.

I don't want to take anything away from those brave men and women - but not one of them would have called themselves heroes. They just did their job - the right thing to do - without considering the risks to themselves. We can honor them best by emulating them in our daily lives.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    Personal histories are a blessing to be shared. It reminds us that there are men and women who do valiant deeds when they are called upon. Like some it stands out as a ruler with which to measure my own convictions.

It can also lead people to wait for that "other" person to step in and do something. we each have to realize that we have to be the "hero" when called upon. We have to make the tough choices and take the risks to make each day better for all of us. Sadly most just accept what they are handed and move along with the crowd. "follow the company or party line. Don't think about going outside the boundaries and take a chance that it will be unpopular.

We see it at the airports, at the "gun free" zones and at the polls. Keep walking that party line - it is "better for you" and the results just keep getting worse.

Look at our history - look at those who really made a difference. Imitate their valor if you don't have your own.

Those past heroes, and those among us who have done heroic things are to be honored and respected for what they did - not because it was extraordinary but because it was the right thing to do at the time. Then decide for yourself what the right thing to do is right now.

I don't want to take anything away from those brave men and women - but not one of them would have called themselves heroes. They just did their job - the right thing to do - without considering the risks to themselves. We can honor them best by emulating them in our daily lives.

they are what they are,,,
    Last edited by OSFG; 08-03-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    This thread is over