Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1400

Thread: Smoking with the "Griz"

  1. #1391
    VIP Member! LivoniaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Livonia, Michigan
    Posts
    137

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 312 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Its fun and the reward for the labor is usually pretty tasty.

    You have a smoker Dan?
    I used to have a couple of different smokers...

    Then one day... while surfing Craigslist
    I came across a Traeger Junior Pellet grill.
    About a $400 unit (at the time).
    Guys wife went Vegan.... He ...... for whatever reason decided to sell the grill.... for $100
    I called and he said it was probably spoken for.... I told him if the guy backed out I could be over in an hour after I got off of work.
    I work in Dearborn and he lived on one of the streets East of Selfridge Air Force Base. (Ain't much East).
    He then said that if I was that serious... I could have it.
    I didn't ask any questions.
    I got there and gave him $100 + an extra $20 for all the pellets that he had.
    Been using that since.

    Very Ambient Temp dependent when the Temps cool and is suggested to get a thermal blanket for below 45 deg.
    Smoked/Grilled a whole Tenderloin on Christmas day.
    Came out perfect.

    https://www.amazon.com/Traeger-Grill...43608843&psc=1
    I would rather argue against a hundred idiots then have on agree with me... Winston Churchill

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LivoniaDan For This Useful Post:

    hawgrider (01-12-2020),RubberDuck (01-12-2020)

  3. #1392
    ədˈminəˌstrātər hawgrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    25,089

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    32,381
    Thanked 38,718 Times in 17,407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    I used to have a couple of different smokers...

    Then one day... while surfing Craigslist
    I came across a Traeger Junior Pellet grill.
    About a $400 unit (at the time).
    Guys wife went Vegan.... He ...... for whatever reason decided to sell the grill.... for $100
    I called and he said it was probably spoken for.... I told him if the guy backed out I could be over in an hour after I got off of work.
    I work in Dearborn and he lived on one of the streets East of Selfridge Air Force Base. (Ain't much East).
    He then said that if I was that serious... I could have it.
    I didn't ask any questions.
    I got there and gave him $100 + an extra $20 for all the pellets that he had.
    Been using that since.

    Very Ambient Temp dependent when the Temps cool and is suggested to get a thermal blanket for below 45 deg.
    Smoked/Grilled a whole Tenderloin on Christmas day.
    Came out perfect.

    https://www.amazon.com/Traeger-Grill...43608843&psc=1
    That's a sweet set up! Heck yeah get back into the smoke we need some new ideas its always fun to see what the other guys is smoking. I need some new inspiration.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

    RubberDuck (01-12-2020)

  5. #1393
    VIP Member! LivoniaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Livonia, Michigan
    Posts
    137

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 312 Times in 115 Posts
    Yea.. but it is in some cases limited.
    Wanted one of those Tech Cabinets that you showed a while back, but would have had to build a structure around it for camouflage. So... if I'm going to build a structure anyway..
    i was looking at a version of this without the wood storage:

    I would rather argue against a hundred idiots then have on agree with me... Winston Churchill

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LivoniaDan For This Useful Post:

    hawgrider (01-12-2020),Prepared One (01-13-2020),RubberDuck (01-12-2020),Slippy (01-12-2020)

  7. #1394
    ədˈminəˌstrātər hawgrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    25,089

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    32,381
    Thanked 38,718 Times in 17,407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    Yea.. but it is in some cases limited.
    Wanted one of those Tech Cabinets that you showed a while back, but would have had to build a structure around it for camouflage. So... if I'm going to build a structure anyway..
    i was looking at a version of this without the wood storage:

    You bet Id like to have that smoke shack!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  8. #1395
    ədˈminəˌstrātər hawgrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    25,089

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    32,381
    Thanked 38,718 Times in 17,407 Posts
    About 5 1/2 hours into the burn picking up some nice color.

    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

    Broncosfan (01-12-2020),Inor (01-12-2020),MountainGirl (01-12-2020),Prepared One (01-13-2020),RubberDuck (01-12-2020),Slippy (01-12-2020)

  10. #1396
    Don't get too close, I bite! Gambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    5,531

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    14,864
    Thanked 10,510 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    About 5 1/2 hours into the burn picking up some nice color.

    is it wrong to pop a chubby from looking at this?
    It happened before, it can happen again.
    It happened there, it can happen here.
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
    No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

    I'm not allowed at the Zoo anymore...

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gambit For This Useful Post:

    Deebo (01-13-2020),hawgrider (01-12-2020),RubberDuck (01-12-2020)

  12. #1397
    VIP Member! RubberDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    4,390

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    19,764
    Thanked 9,140 Times in 3,669 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    is it wrong to pop a chubby from looking at this?
    Not if you blow smoke on it

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

    Gambit (01-12-2020),hawgrider (01-12-2020),MountainGirl (01-12-2020),Prepared One (01-13-2020)

  14. #1398
    Anti-social Behavior Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit!
    Posts
    3,762

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    11,546
    Thanked 9,376 Times in 3,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    About 5 1/2 hours into the burn picking up some nice color.

    OK, that is just some AWESOME GOOTNESS!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

    hawgrider (01-12-2020),Inor (01-12-2020)

  16. #1399
    VIP Member!
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Farmington Nm
    Posts
    2,859

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    About 5 1/2 hours into the burn picking up some nice color.

    Look at that..
    Jeesh. Id eat the wood if I could.
    You will never be forgotten. RIP Corporal Bradley Coy (USMC)

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

    hawgrider (01-13-2020)

  18. #1400
    ədˈminəˌstrātər hawgrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    25,089

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    32,381
    Thanked 38,718 Times in 17,407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Look at that..
    Jeesh. Id eat the wood if I could.
    Lol yeah agree the wood is finally looking well smoked.

    Sliced up in the frezzer. BLT's for dinner tonight.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

    RubberDuck (01-13-2020)

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •