Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about living off the Grid in your current home? Judge says it's illegal.

Occasionally Replies Back Bigdogbuc's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are all kinds of "mandatory" fees. I was taking care of personal business & paying the bills for a buddy of mine who went on deployment 7 or 8 years ago. I got his Natural Gas Bill and it was nearly $40. I called the gas company and was like "WTF? Nobody lives there, the hot water isn't even on and it's July, so the heat isn't being used." Turns out you pay a bit over $35 a month for the meter. Yep. You rent it, so they can use it to bill you with.

We pay "mandatory" recycling fee's. Got the garbage bill years ago and called them up and said "WTF? I don't recycle, I don't even have a bin for recycling." Our county commissioners passed an ordinance that mandated a "Recycling Fee" for EVERY SINGLE PERSON that receives garbage service. Whether they use it or not. I now have a recycling bin that I don't use, that I pay a fee for, on top of the recycling fee. AND, AND!!!, not only do we pay them for the service, but they double dip because they then sell the stuff to recycling centers and make money from it that way as well. So we basically do all the work and pay them for it to boot.

Kind of like sales tax in our state, or any other for that matter, the retailers are unpaid "Revenue Agents" for the state. It is their responsibility to collect it, account for it, then write the state a check.

I'm contemplating starting a side business and here's what I need; Federal Firearms License, State Business License, City Business License, State Firearms Dealers License (which takes 6 months and can only be obtained AFTER I receive my FFL). I get to pay Business & Occupation Tax to the State AND the City both, Sales Tax to the State, Income Tax to the Feds. And when you're in business for yourself, it's 15% right off the top (Self Employed Tax) to the Feds.

The sons-a-bitches are thieves and they will get you coming and going!!! Pursuit of Happiness? Sure. As long as you can afford to write a whole bunch of checks for the privilege.
    Hear No Evil, See No Evil and F....ooops, can't say that here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdogbuc For This Useful Post:

Arizona Infidel (07-26-2014),Sparkyprep (07-22-2014)

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    Unless you have employees you won't need to pay B&O taxes. Just check the "no" box where it asks if you have or are planning to have employees.

There is also inventory tax, and others that depend on your location.

You should also look into the requirements (state and local fire codes and insurers requirements) for the storage of guns, ammunition, powder, and primers. You will likely find the strictest requirement are those of the insurance companies.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

Passed on.
    Thanks

Occasionally Replies Back Bigdogbuc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    Unless you have employees you won't need to pay B&O taxes. Just check the "no" box where it asks if you have or are planning to have employees.

There is also inventory tax, and others that depend on your location.

You should also look into the requirements (state and local fire codes and insurers requirements) for the storage of guns, ammunition, powder, and primers. You will likely find the strictest requirement are those of the insurance companies.
    I won't have any ammo, primers or powder except for my own personal stuff. I'm also trying to figure out if I need two separate class FFL's or just one. If I get just the Manufacturers, then I should be able to skip having to get the state dealers license. I would not be a dealer, just a manufacturer. It could hinge on whether or not I can "transfer" my own product, or if transfers of my product HAVE to be done by a Dealer. I haven't been able to find a clear ruling from the ATF on whether I'm allowed to transfer firearms that I manufacture exclusively, as opposed to buying "wholesale", selling "retail" and being classified as a firearms "dealer".
    Hear No Evil, See No Evil and F....ooops, can't say that here.

Occasionally Replies Back
    Thanks
    I can understand mandatory hooking up to the sewer system if you live in a town. In a built up area human waste disposal is a major concern to prevent diseases. The trouble with depending on rain water is what happens to these people during a drought? Look at all those people in Detroit who have had their water turned off because they didn't pay their water bills. Think they just go out and buy water, or is it more likely that they just sneak into their neighbors yards at night and get water off of THEIR outside water spigots? It just reinforces my opinion that if you live in a city if the SHTF you are SCREWED.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Kinda reminds me,My late, loved,Father and Mother were in the junk business when I was a kid.we cleaned cellars,jumped dumpsters,scrapped metals etc,and a inspector from the city we lived in came to our house to inquire as why we did not have a garbage collection account.My dad explained what they did for a living and told him,one way or another we go to the dump every other day or so anyway.so I dont need to pay the city to dump our garbage.the inspector said yes you do.so, instead of fighting city hall,dad said OK,so get an account started for us,which was only $9.00 a month anyway,up to three cans a week.you should have seen some of the crap dad and mom threw in the trash for them to haul!.old wood,tin,(it was only $5.00 a ton then,not worth hauling),a dead raccoon once,rotten stinking fruit and veggies we would get from the produce terminal that was not edible(we would get it for free and sort it out,dad knew some of the vendors) all kinds of junk for them to haul away. we sure got our moneys worth out of those poor bastards.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    So from reading this, I see a couple issues. First is the sewer. She's using it she should pay for it. Second thing is the dispute of who owns the property. That has to be rectified. And the dog. Apparently it was found out it wasn't an issue caused by neglect. She should be reimbursed for the false imprisonment. Other than those things she should be left alone.
    The definition of SHALL is will or can.
    So SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED would read WILL not CAN not be infringed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12