Thread: Brothers in Arms

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,645 Times in 1,326 Posts

Brothers in Arms

Some of you know I don't like the "thank you for your service" lip service as it is my belief we all served entities other than the constitution, and that our answer to the call of duty, our honor and for many, our lives, have been wasted.

That doesn't change the fact that if I had it all over to do, I would have still joined. Why? Because of my brothers in arms.

Brothers in arms, I hope you all have a very blessed Veterans Day.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Denton For This Useful Post:

Admin1 (11-12-2015),hawgrider (11-08-2015),Infidel (11-08-2015),Inor (11-08-2015),MI.oldguy (11-09-2015),Reptilicus (12-31-2015),rice paddy daddy (11-10-2015)

Don't get too close, I bite! DerBiermeister's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,617 Times in 2,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Some of you know I don't like the "thank you for your service" lip service
    Well it is a damn sight better than what we went through during the Nam years. I was spit on by a bunch of damn flower children while, in uniform, walking through SF Intl back in '65.
    “Keep your scope up and we’ll shoot that SOB down the throat” -- Dudley "Mush" Morton, USS Wahoo
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DerBiermeister For This Useful Post:

Denton (11-09-2015),hawgrider (11-10-2015),rice paddy daddy (11-10-2015)

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Going to war was the most momentous thing in my otherwise dull life.
    The added bonus was serving with the guys I did.
    5th Infantry Division (Mechanized). In WWI they earned their nickname, Red Devils, from their German opponents for their fighting tenacity.
    A war later and they were Patton's Red Diamond Devils, a name we still wear proudly today.
    In my war we were the Forgotten Fifth.

But you are quite right, Denton, it is the Brotherhood that makes it all worthwhile. It doesn't really matter to me what branch of service, combat or stateside, war time or peace time, they are my Brothers.
    And I would do it all over again.
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (11-10-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    To all my brother and Sister warriors, Have a great veteran's day. I do not regret being in, going to war, are even a single dead enemy I was responsible for. What I regret is that my country voted in a President who gave it all back to the enemy and now is giving billions back to a country who openly swears to destroy us.

I regret that I have watched friends die for these very same people who have no love for the warriors nor for this country, but instead opposes us with vitriolic laced verbiage about us, this country and our Constitution.

Tis God whom I love, my family who I give my allegiance to, my Constitution of which I will defend unto my death, and a flag that I will be carried to rest under that I keep in my mind these days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (11-11-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for your service!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Admin1 For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (11-18-2015)