Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1911 Government STEEL review. NOT FOR FANBOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Txwheels View Post
    Personally, anyone that thinks a 1911 is too heavy to carry makes me think 'wimp'

As for only 8 or 9 rounds; If you can hit what you shoot at, you won't need more than that.
    Love my Colt made in 1942! Still shoots like a champ!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Txwheels View Post
    Personally, anyone that thinks a 1911 is too heavy to carry makes me think 'wimp'

As for only 8 or 9 rounds; If you can hit what you shoot at, you won't need more than that.
    Weight doesn't bother me as much as size. My 1911 is my main carry gun but more often than not these days I'm carrying an S&W M36 because it's a lot easier to keep concealed and it's more comfortable. Thus I've reduced myself to 5 shots and still don't feel under gunned especially with a couple of speed loaders.

-Infidel
    Custom Leather goods, check out the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/StuMillerLeatherWorks

Etsy Store:
    http://StuMillerLeather.Etsy.com

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Weight doesn't bother me as much as size. My 1911 is my main carry gun but more often than not these days I'm carrying an S&W M36 because it's a lot easier to keep concealed and it's more comfortable. Thus I've reduced myself to 5 shots and still don't feel under gunned especially with a couple of speed loaders.

-Infidel
    I love Winter time because I can carry my full size double stack 1911s since all the fricking numbers that the needle on the thermometer points at start with a- in front of them.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 767 Posts
    Yep my 1911 definitely gets more carry time in winter than summer. I'm actually considering buying a pocket gun for shorts and t-shirt weather, the M36 just doesn't carry well in a pocket holster. I was looking at the S&W bodyguard, haven't decided on that yet though.

-Infidel
    Custom Leather goods, check out the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/StuMillerLeatherWorks

Etsy Store:
    http://StuMillerLeather.Etsy.com

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    I don't understand why someone would think an 8 round magazine would be a drawback. Unless they are such a dweeb they only carry the one magazine that is in the gun. Who does that?
    My area is so low crime I just carry a 5 shot snub revolver in my front pocket. With an HKS speedloader in the other pocket.
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (06-08-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I don't understand why someone would think an 8 round magazine would be a drawback. Unless they are such a dweeb they only carry the one magazine that is in the gun. Who does that?
    My area is so low crime I just carry a 5 shot snub revolver in my front pocket. With an HKS speedloader in the other pocket.
    I only carry the magazine that is in my carry pistol, no extras on me. The extras are carried in my GHB. Of course, my magazines hold 17.

Occasionally Replies Back jeff70's Avatar
    Thanks
    I recently sold my colt 1911, I have to say It was a nice shooting gun, and just plain felt good in the hand. But I am trying to stick to 2 calibers in my handguns, 9mm and .357 mag. My buddy who bought my .45 carries it daily.

Little Miss Chatterbox 1moretoy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    My 1911 is mostly a safe queen. But when it is out...it's definitely time to wear a belt.

If ya'll want to read a REAL review of a 1911, check the one I wrote for guns dot com. I put it in the gun review section here.
    If I don't answer the phone, it's probably because I'm in the Senate, taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress..

Oh, and according to the dipsh** from Atlanta, I'm one of those Pansy A** Texans.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345