Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wonder who you can believe

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I have absolutely no use for "Welfare" ranchers. We have a lot of them here. No matter how low the grazing fees are ($3.50 per MONTH for a cow and calf) they still bitch and want more. Not to mention the fact that they think they own all the wildlife, as well as wanting complete control of the land that they lease the GRASS on....they want to determine who hunts and who doesn't.
    Cliven Bundy and his kids are nothing more than freeloaders who don't want to pay their way. They're stealing from us taxpayers.
    That SOB Bundy owes the BLM over a million dollars in grazing fees...that ass-hat is no patriot...he's a frickin' moocher.
    Interesting inside viewpoint. Sounds like the guys on fed/state land "I've been hunting here 30 yrs so you can't hunt here. Oh really...
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (01-05-2016)

Wild Bill for America's take on Oregon

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-07-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,264 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Thanks for that! I had forgotten about Wild Bill. He makes more sense than all of the talking heads on T.V. put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Thanks for that! I had forgotten about Wild Bill. He makes more sense than all of the talking heads on T.V. put together.
    Me too. His web site got hacked he was down for a bit a while back. I hit his site today looking for his take on recent events.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    I can see were a state with a sparse population could have trouble maintaining the lands of the state that aren't owned...therefore seeks funds from the federal government to maintain. In essence turning the land over to the federal government. To me this is wrong. If a state cannot maintain it...sell it off...homestead it out. The federal government should not own anything but buildings in DC. The fed is not supposed to own parts of this country...they can provide tax dollars to help keep up national parks etc....but our federal government is of the people...by the people...FOR the People...so land is either open to the public....owned by the state...or owned by a person.

My 2cents
    Osfg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-07-2016),Slippy (01-09-2016)

Pizza, rifles and tension: a night inside the Oregon protest

Since Saturday, the brothers and a small band of supporters have occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, which they seized to protest the U.S. government’s control of vast tracts of Western land.

On Tuesday, for the first time, they allowed two reporters to join them inside their refuge for a night marked by long discussions and moments of hair-trigger tension.

Earlier, the Bundys had heard from people they trusted that federal law enforcement agents were assembling in Burns, the nearest town,
    http://news.yahoo.com/pizza-rifles-t...055624373.html

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    The federal government holds 1.8 million acres in the Hawaiian Islands. Everywhere you turn its federal land. But to put that in perspective 1.8 million acres on an island, is 2,800 square miles. Maui and oahu are only about 575 square miles combined.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to James m For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (01-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    The federal government holds 1.8 million acres in the Hawaiian Islands. Everywhere you turn its federal land. But to put that in perspective 1.8 million acres on an island, is 2,800 square miles. Maui and oahu are only about 575 square miles combined.
    Is most of that on the big island or is it scattered on all those islands?

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,425 Times in 5,950 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    That's lots of acres for O'bummer & Moochelle to roam after they get a boot in the ass out of the "People's House". He'll probably run for mayor of Chicago though, there's so many guns to be controlled. His butt-buddy Rahm Imanuel will probably resign or be recalled soon.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Its scattered. On a lot of islands between most of Hawaii and midway they are governed by fish and wildlife. Even the ones near the rest of Hawaii, you are prohibited from landing boats there, the island is off limits because of thousands of sea birds. There was a problem around the late 1800's they were going extinct, but now there's a million of them.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James m For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-08-2016),shootbrownelk (01-09-2016)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast