Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 11,105 Times in 4,188 Posts

Smith & Wesson Victory

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

Slippy (01-25-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Kinda looks like a large barrel ruger 22/45.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Good price
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Ohh, man. Gee whiz.
    I got all excited thinking it was a Smith and Wesson Victory Model. Instead it's some bright shiny autoloader.
    I'm sure Hawg knows what that was/is, but for you younger guys, the Victory Model is what later came to be called the Model 10, when S&W started with their number system.
    A 4" or 5" barreled 6 shot revolver chambered for 38 Special used during WWII. Easily identified by the parkerized finish and lanyard ring on the butt. Mainly issued to Navy and Army Air Force aircrew, it was also used stateside and overseas in rear areas by personnel normally issued pistols as part of their job.

I personally would love to have one, but instead settled for a 1962 Model 10-5 w/5" barrel.
    I sometimes carry it on my property, loaded with 148 grain lead full wadcutters. Never can tell when I might spot a feral cat stalking our chickens.
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-18-2016),medic33 (01-24-2016),Slippy (01-25-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,104 Times in 10,465 Posts
    It looks like the Colt .22 Target pistol I bought almost 20 years ago. I do not think my Colt even has a name other than "Colt .22 Target pistol". I hate that gun. I bought it in '96 or '97 and I doubt we have even put 1000 rounds through it. It is just a dumb gun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400px-Colt22TargetModelNew.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	1895

Colt had the woodsman that is still highly sought-after.
    Id love to have a woodsman to add to my colt collection.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (01-24-2016),rice paddy daddy (01-18-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,104 Times in 10,465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Colt had the woodsman that is still highly sought-after.
    Id love to have a woodsman to add to my colt collection.
    Colt Woodsman is a whole 'nother animal. I would love to have one.

in a galaxy far far away you know like a ford galaxy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Ohh, man. Gee whiz.
    I got all excited thinking it was a Smith and Wesson Victory Model. Instead it's some bright shiny autoloader.
    I'm sure Hawg knows what that was/is, but for you younger guys, the Victory Model is what later came to be called the Model 10, when S&W started with their number system.
    A 4" or 5" barreled 6 shot revolver chambered for 38 Special used during WWII. Easily identified by the parkerized finish and lanyard ring on the butt. Mainly issued to Navy and Army Air Force aircrew, it was also used stateside and overseas in rear areas by personnel normally issued pistols as part of their job.

I personally would love to have one, but instead settled for a 1962 Model 10-5 w/5" barrel.
    I sometimes carry it on my property, loaded with 148 grain lead full wadcutters. Never can tell when I might spot a feral cat stalking our chickens.
    hey I carried a victory model a few time as a flight medic I had to request it when I saw it hanging in the arms room next to a couple cut down browning A5 shotguns they looked at me like I was nutz but issued it to me cuz of my rank all I can say is be prepared for some blow back when you shoot the thing the blast shields are kind of small and I would get debris blown back into my face -bought my own ammo for it carried 158gr swchp just lead no jacket I think they were Remington not sure just had a generic box and were like 30 USD for a box of 50rounds overseas. oh and it had a 5 inch pencil barrel-thought it was cool and I am a sucker for wheel guns.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic33 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-24-2016),rice paddy daddy (01-24-2016)

in a galaxy far far away you know like a ford galaxy
    Thanks
    the victory .22 reminds me of a fat barreled high standard or a muffled one.

Quote Originally Posted by medic33 View Post
    hey I carried a victory model a few time as a flight medic I had to request it when I saw it hanging in the arms room next to a couple cut down browning A5 shotguns they looked at me like I was nutz but issued it to me cuz of my rank all I can say is be prepared for some blow back when you shoot the thing the blast shields are kind of small and I would get debris blown back into my face -bought my own ammo for it carried 158gr swchp just lead no jacket I think they were Remington not sure just had a generic box and were like 30 USD for a box of 50rounds overseas. oh and it had a 5 inch pencil barrel-thought it was cool and I am a sucker for wheel guns.
    Somebody say wheel guns? Yes indeed Im hooked on wheel guns.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (01-24-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast