Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veterans medical benifits.

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    The VA would have done my total knee replacement for free, but I went with my employer health care with its copays and deductibles and stuff.
    Because I wanted to be able to walk afterward.
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (05-20-2016)

Site Addict

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    I Believe the VA also pays travel expenses and lodging if it is over a certain distance from your home. I have not signed up for the VA medical because I have Tricare but maybe I should.
    50 miles and over gets you travel pay. But if I am right that is only if you have a scheduled appointment. They do pay well for something most don't expect. And you do need to file claim papers to get it

Boondoggle
    Thanks
    They pay for a mile....I travel 15 miles...I get paid for it...

But then again is it worth it? about 2 dozen visits to the VA trying to get problem solved...over 4 years...seriously almost shot myself in the head for depression a few times...finally got the ok to see a Civillian doc for the problem and was fixed on 15 minutes....look on her face when she found out what the VA had done to me was priceless.....Total Horror!

You wanna live stay the hell outta the VA!

Boondoggle
    Thanks
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politi...eneral-report/

307,000 Dead waiting on Healthcare.....

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,303 Times in 6,021 Posts
    V/ A = Butchers "."

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The VA only pays travel expenses if you are below a certain income threshold.
    I enrolled in VA medical so I could get hearing aids. Which they provided - over $5,000 for the pair, plus free batteries for life.

There are 8 Priority Groups. Which one you get enrolled in depends on if you have a service connected disability, or if you are a Vietnam vet, or combat vet of Iraq & the Stan, or the two lowest which are for veterans in general (Groups 7 & 8).
    Groups 7 & 8 have copays, depending on your income. But they are still a hell of a lot lower than insurance.

Once you are enrolled, you must get a yearly physical to stay enrolled. You just don't sign up and that's it. For me, this is a good thing - I am on the VA Agent Orange Registry and the tests the VA does includes ones specific to this besides regular blood work. And they have done some other specialized AO testing on me.
    Since there are less than 900,000 left of the original 2.6 million vets who were boots on the ground in Nam, thanks to Agent Orange, this is important to me.

I use the VA as preventive medicine. Unless you have a service connected disability, for regular medical care there are better options - if you have insurance or Medicare.
    RPD You can thank ADM Zumwalt for the Agent Orange coverage. His son died of it and he went to DC and threw his considerable resources around to get it done.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gunn For This Useful Post:

Baglady (07-26-2016),Ricekila (07-26-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,303 Times in 6,021 Posts
    V/ A = Butchers "."

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-09-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12