Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a good set of OffRoad/OnRoad Tires for Jeep JK Rubicon

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 32,965 Times in 14,665 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I bought some 235/75 x 15" Wranglers from Wally World $371 OTD mounted and balanced.

They have good grips and work well in warm weather, in the snow not so much
    Sadly the Tonka BowTie they're mounted on needs a fuel pump that I haven't gotten around to yet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Slippy (03-15-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    Slippy, for off-road and on road driving, the gold standard are BF Goodrich All-Terrains. They are the best, hands down. However, they are also probably the most expensive. I have also heard good things about Nitto Trail Grapplers.
    The BF's are great tires performance wise. Was always my go to tire for an AT. I just never got excellent mileage out of them, maybe 40-45k and were pricey. Figured it was norm, until I ran the Goodyear Wranglers last time I bought and will likely see close to 70k on them with only occasional rotating. Still pricey though.

I see a lot of Nito's around here but mostly on the lift kit and oversized crowd's toys.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I have a set of Generals on my jeep and I love them,, sold the BF's didn't like the humming I was getting on the highway .
    God Bless the south , I believe in God , Country , Family , 2nd Amendment , Judge Jeanie Pirro , The Constitution, The U.S. Military , President Trump , The Wall , A Country Boy Can Survive ,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Targetshooter For This Useful Post:

Slippy (03-15-2016)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,229 Times in 5,894 Posts
    My next set of tires for my Toyota Tundra will be Cooper AT/3's. I have Yokahamas on it now, and the wet traction sucks. We just bought my wife a set of Cooper tourings for her Honda CRV. The difference in handling between them and the Goodyears that were on it is startling. We bought ours from Discount Tires Direct....Great price, No sales tax and Free Shipping to your door. Look them up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (03-15-2016)

Site Addict

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I am limited in choice to exactly 2 tires in the size I want to run 255/80/17. BFG MT KM2 and Cooper ST Maxx. I replaced my stock tires at 42,000 and bald. I have 59,000 on the truck now and am realy just starting to notice whare. I am running a diesel DRW ton truck with 1,400 lbs in the back every day. I went wit the BFG MT KM2. Off road performance is good. On road performance is good and the snow, slush, and ice was better than expected in a mud tire. A lot of the guys are running the Toyo MT and are getting 60,000 out of them. I would run the Toyo but don't want to have to run spacers in my rear wheels. We all are heavy all the time. Heavy custom beds and loads. I tow a 20,000 lb trailer some and no problem from the BFG there either. I have been impressed with the chip resistance in these tires and the Toyo. We drive on a lot of 3" rock and it tends to chew up tires. There is a truck here with the Coopers and the rocks are cutting them some and that is what made me go with the BFG.
    Last edited by S.....P......; 03-15-2016 at 09:39 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to S.....P...... For This Useful Post:

Slippy (03-15-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    It's funny to me cause yall don't know. We have molds to make BFG All-terrains, all Firestone, all nittto, all pro comp, all micky tohmpson, Mastercraft and the list goes on and on... just buy American tires. You'll keep me employed...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arklatex For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (03-16-2016),Inor (03-15-2016),Sparkyprep (04-09-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,976 Times in 10,440 Posts
    I have Goodyear Wranglers on the Inor-mobile now. I like them well enough. When I was a kid and had a fast car, I always had BF Goodrich Comp T/As. But we have already determined my advice on tires is basically worth less than you paid for it. I drive my truck less than 5000 miles per year so my tires are more likely to rot out before they wear out.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    My thoughts again for truck AT tires .....

BF Goodrich AT - great at water treading doesn't shed mud well, and noisy.
    Goodyear Wrangler - Less noise and long lasting.
    Cooper - Every dealer recommends them.
    Toyo - Hell if I know.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

Slippy (03-16-2016)

Thanks
    I have Firestone TransForce HT's on my 98 F150, had them since '09. Still have 13/32" on them. Pretty good for an HT off road, on road is good too. Best all around tire I ever had were a set of BFG Land Terrains I bought at Walmart in NC for my '94 Bronco I used to have. They looked identical to the AT, but were more in between an AT and street tire. I was called out regularly to pull people out of the mud. Seems like I was the barracks off road recovery truck.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Kelly tires are good I had them on my jeep YJ after the BF'S . I never got stuck , very good in snow , mud .
    God Bless the south , I believe in God , Country , Family , 2nd Amendment , Judge Jeanie Pirro , The Constitution, The U.S. Military , President Trump , The Wall , A Country Boy Can Survive ,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast