Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna start a fight

Site Addict

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

Gonna start a fight

I never went to the VA until April 2014, 21 years after my first discharge. I have been physically challenged since the first Gulf War and now, I am gonna bring the fight to them. I can't keep a job. Not because of mental issues but physical ones. I am going to fight Gulf War Syndrome. Some sy its crap and not real, well have me over for a few days. I served this country 3 separate times. I am going to go get whats mine. And the police may get involved. So in short if you don't hear from me agin, I am either in the looney bin or in jail.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:

Gambit (05-06-2016),hawgrider (05-03-2016),Inor (05-03-2016),MI.oldguy (05-04-2016),rice paddy daddy (05-06-2016),RubberDuck (05-04-2016),Sparkyprep (05-03-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I never went to the VA until April 2014, 21 years after my first discharge. I have been physically challenged since the first Gulf War and now, I am gonna bring the fight to them. I can't keep a job. Not because of mental issues but physical ones. I am going to fight Gulf War Syndrome. Some sy its crap and not real, well have me over for a few days. I served this country 3 separate times. I am going to go get whats mine. And the police may get involved. So in short if you don't hear from me agin, I am either in the looney bin or in jail.
    Don't do stupid shit. Get an attorney or an advocate. Do get what is due you, but do it the right way. Hang tough pal.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Denton (05-07-2016),Gambit (05-06-2016),hawgrider (05-03-2016),Jeep (05-04-2016),MI.oldguy (05-04-2016),RubberDuck (05-04-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gulf War Syndrome is absolutely real. Jeep, you served your country, now, your country needs to hold up its end of the deal. I have always said that veterans deserve any and all medical care that they need to heal ANY wounds of battle. I wish you luck, Jeep. Your country owes you.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Gambit (05-06-2016),Jeep (05-04-2016),MI.oldguy (05-04-2016),RubberDuck (05-04-2016)

Jeep be careful. Think breath... think repeat....
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Gambit (05-06-2016),Jeep (05-04-2016),MI.oldguy (05-04-2016)

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    For years Vietnam Veterans of America has fought on Capitol Hill to get legislation brought forward for just this issue.
    We finally got the Toxic Research Act out of committee in both the House and Senate. This bill calls for independent, outside, NON-GOVERNMENT research into ANY possible toxic exposure of our service men and women. And it's effects on the veterans, and their children and grandchildren.
    Whether it is Agent Orange, Gulf War Syndrome, Burn Pits, the known toxic water issues at Camp Lejeune, or any other exposure.

It is too late for us Vietnam guys, but most of us have disabled children or grandchildren (I do), and we owe it to our younger Brothers like Jeep.

My Brother Jeep - get in touch with your local Disabled Veterans of America post. They will help you. The average veteran, acting alone, will get stone walled by the VA, and never get anything. The DAV will be your advocate. Most American Legion and VFW posts have accredited service officers, but the DAV has the most "juice."

For our civilian friends who have never had to deal with the VA - we who have had to deal with them, we know by heart the VA Motto: "Deny, deny, deny, until you die".
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

Denton (05-07-2016),DerBiermeister (05-07-2016),dsdmmat (05-07-2016),Gambit (05-06-2016),Inor (05-06-2016),Jeep (05-06-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,183 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Just for discussion sake:

RULE 1: almost no one in my heritage family has had heart problems

RULE 2: no recorded cases at all of liver problems

RULE 3: no recorded cases of gall bladder problems

But then, . . . after spending my time in RVN, . . . my aortic valve decides that one of the plates forming the valve, . . . needs to "calcify" (whatever the heck that is), . . . necessitating open heart surgery, . . . now I have a "Porcine Appliance", . . . better known as a pig valve.

And then, . . . Dr. Parker takes out my gall bladder, . . . opines that in all the years of surgery, . . . taking these things out from time to time, . . . never had he ever, ever, ever seen one like mine, . . . no gall stones (as in plural stones), . . . just ONE BIG gall stone, . . . 20mm in diameter, . . . like a big marble.

And then, . . . my son is born, . . . two holes in his heart, . . . one between the upper chambers, . . . one between the lower chambers.

And then, . . . my son becomes a liver patient, . . . his liver does not process out any COPPER that he would injest.

Coincidence???? I doubt it, . . . but in talking with the VA folks, . . . they don't want to hear it, . . . not their problem, . . . not covered, . . . yada, yada, yada.

In general it makes me want to fight, . . . but I figure one of these days, . . . I'll stand before the Lord, . . . and so will they. HE can take care of it.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight55; 05-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

DerBiermeister (05-07-2016),Inor (05-06-2016),Jeep (05-06-2016),rice paddy daddy (05-06-2016)

Don't get too close, I bite! Gambit's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,042 Times in 5,248 Posts
    good luck man
    It happened before, it can happen again.
    It happened there, it can happen here.
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
    No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

I'm not allowed at the Zoo anymore...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gambit For This Useful Post:

Jeep (05-06-2016)

Daily Abuser

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I never went to the VA until April 2014, 21 years after my first discharge. I have been physically challenged since the first Gulf War and now, I am gonna bring the fight to them. I can't keep a job. Not because of mental issues but physical ones. I am going to fight Gulf War Syndrome. Some sy its crap and not real, well have me over for a few days. I served this country 3 separate times. I am going to go get whats mine. And the police may get involved. So in short if you don't hear from me agin, I am either in the Looney bin or in jail.
    Jeep, I understand your anger and frustration...maybe not the degree, but certainly from where its coming and why.

Take some of the advice offered. The best thing you can do FOR the VA is get your self put into jail. They will then have a record to use against you and worse case you end up on the prison medical program and not theirs.

THE BEST thing you can do for JEEP, is get some allies to help you fight the VA the more effective way. Document everything, send it to your congressman and everyone leading actions against the VA for maltreatment.

I was in the gulf as well, I was told in a letter that my unit was exposed to cyclo sarin nerve gas due the destruction of an ammo depot that contained some while we were down wind. (24th ID at the time). The military even had GWS testing later. So its real....although I didn't do the test because I figured that's their way of saying..."see we tested and nothings wrong with him...2 years later"

Don't, don't, please don't....go out and make yourself a write off in the good fight, by becoming a felon or diminishing your fight by giving them an easy way out.

Smarter not harder...buddy. I know you got it in you.
    Last edited by Old_SF_Guy; 05-07-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    I'm feelin' the Bern!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Old_SF_Guy For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (05-07-2016),Jeep (05-07-2016),rice paddy daddy (05-07-2016),Sarge7402 (05-07-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Jeep. Try and stay away from an advocate and get a lawyer to help you. The VA could say that by using an advocate you are not able to manage your affairs whereas a lawyer will be looked at differently even if he's doing the same things.

Good luck pal. Gulf War Syndrome is definitely real.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarge7402 For This Useful Post:

Jeep (05-07-2016)

Site Addict

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanks for all the sound advice everyone. It is well taken and appreciated

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (05-08-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast