Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna start a fight

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge7402 View Post
    Jeep. Try and stay away from an advocate and get a lawyer to help you. The VA could say that by using an advocate you are not able to manage your affairs whereas a lawyer will be looked at differently even if he's doing the same things.

Good luck pal. Gulf War Syndrome is definitely real.
    VA accredited VSO's are not "advocates". Veterans Service Officers have been trained to know VA procedures and methods. They know how to file claims that will get results.
    Often that result is a denial by the VA. And here is where the VSO can get results - if you don't know what you are doing and try to appeal your claim yourself without using proper protocol, you get put at the back of the line to start over.
    And at this moment, regardless of what Obama says, that line is almost 18 months long. SO - your claim that took over a year to be denied, will take another year before you can even BEGIN your appeal.
    THIS is why veterans die before even getting care.

In Florida, each county has a VSO that is employed by the state. My county VSO got me hearing aids, even though I never had an exit physical when I got out, and therefore could not prove my hearing loss was service connected. I am in the VA health care system in Priority Group Six, which is boots-on-the-ground Vietnam vets.

On the other hand, you could pay big dollars to a private attorney, and get zero results.
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

Site Addict

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I found one through some friends here. Apparently the American Legion VSO's have some juice here in Montana and thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:

Old_SF_Guy (05-08-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12