Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cowboy Candy

Don't get too close, I bite! RubberDuck's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 11,105 Times in 4,188 Posts
    I probably would of realized that but right away but I lit Jacks fuse and that powder keg is about to blow hahahahaha mental note reread with morning coffee

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

Gambit (07-09-2017),hawgrider (07-08-2017),Unclefred (07-09-2017)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Broncofan out of the goodness of his heart sent me a jar of his cowboy candy and a jar of his salsa along with some scorpion pepper powder .

Dug into the salsa last nite with some tortilla chips...
    Absolutely delicious. Bronco did you post this recipe?

Ok now to the star of the show the cowbow candy!
    Love it!

Had a few on straight up out of the jar. Excellence in a jar these are! Did some on top of a nacho for a snack tonight delicious I will be making some of these in the future excellent recipe. Slightly sweet but not syrupy sweet. Just enough sweet to offset the heat.
    The recipe is a winner !

The scorpian pepper powder I have not tried yet but will try some in a batch of pickled eggs soon.

I can tell you this about the scorpion powder from hell though... all I did was handle the jar when I opened the package Bronco sent me. After handling the jar My cheek bone had a itch so I rubbed it with my finger and that lit up the skin on my cheek bone

Lesson learned- this stuff is a lethal weapon! Use rubber gloves when handling

Thanks Broncofan excellant job! Your garlic seeds are getting close Im waiting for them to open up then Im going to pull my garlic up. Plant greenery is now starting to yellow so it won't be long.
    Glad you liked it all. I haven't posted the recipe for the salsa. Simply its a pain for most to make and most of the time I change the amount of peppers due to the amount of heat. Also I pressure can this recipe some reason its better I think and I can can 18 pints at a time in the pressure canner.

Also if anyone is interested I started some new jalapenos this year. Burpee's "Big Guy" I haven't tried one for heat yet as I'm waiting to see how big they get. Right now there a good 3 inches long. Hopefully a couple of weeks and I will know if its a keeper. Looks to be promising for stuff right now though.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-09-2017),RubberDuck (07-09-2017),Unclefred (07-09-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox Unclefred's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Glad you liked it all. I haven't posted the recipe for the salsa. Simply its a pain for most to make and most of the time I change the amount of peppers due to the amount of heat. Also I pressure can this recipe some reason its better I think and I can can 18 pints at a time in the pressure canner.

Also if anyone is interested I started some new jalapenos this year. Burpee's "Big Guy" I haven't tried one for heat yet as I'm waiting to see how big they get. Right now there a good 3 inches long. Hopefully a couple of weeks and I will know if its a keeper. Looks to be promising for stuff right now though.
    I had a jalapeno at a restaurant that was as big as an Anaheim. Huge. I took a big bite...hottest one I've ever had. I paid big time the next day.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclefred For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (07-09-2017),hawgrider (07-09-2017),RubberDuck (07-09-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123