Thread: Hot Pepper Sauce

Threaded View

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Brings back memories BagLady! My Grandma, died in her 90's a long time ago. A number of years ago I was helping my Mom organize her cabinets and we ran across some jars of hot banana peppers that Grandma had canned, her distinctive writing was on the jars. Of course, Mom cried when she saw them.

They were at least 20+ years old and remembering how much I loved them and had helped Grandma can some veggies when I was a kid, I volunteered to try them.

They were as good as I remembered and while I'll never know the exact recipe that Grandma used, I keep trying to duplicate it!

More than likely just some peppers and vinegar, maybe some sugar or salt? Good memories!
    I'm still learning the old ways, but these last several years I'm learning some new ways with all this smoking you guys do. I remember when Hawg and Rubber Duck were smoking everything in the fridge and cupboards, one was mac n cheese. I had to try that! So we did. It was amazing.

So many people have gotten so creative with cooking, that I can't stand to have a plain old hamburger anymore.

But one of my best memories were the days we came home from school, to the smell of home baked bread and fresh skimmings of strawberry jam.
    Mom didn't get much time off from work, and she didn't waste any of it when she did.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-13-2019),Inor (10-13-2019),Slippy (10-13-2019)