Thread: Garden pest control

Threaded View

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 Times in 1,559 Posts

Garden pest control

Trying to get my garden off to a good start using only organic methods. I found a product called tangle trap its a sticky coating that you put on something to make a trap. Usually paint the wood etc yellow to lure insects. To begin with we painted old milk cartons so we ended up with a nice trap with 5 surfaces. Man did I catch bugs. I haven't seen any garden probelm bugs as of yet but its still early here. To skip painting I decide to use yellow (solo) type cups the small ones. I just staple them to a small stake upside down and applied the tangle trap. I have several now in the garden and each one is covered with bugs. I have several around my cucumbers and squash to see if any squash bugs or cucumber beetles appear. If your interested in the product the best place I found to buy tangle trap was here http://www.planetnatural.com/product...-trap-coating/. Also I bought the one with the brush and I have coated a lot of traps and still have about 1/3 of a can left. Seems to go a long way.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (07-10-2016),Baglady (07-09-2016),hawgrider (07-09-2016),MountainGirl (05-27-2018),MrsInor (07-09-2016),TJC44 (07-09-2016)