Thread: Some of my stock

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,381 Times in 7,115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWalls View Post
    I figured we all talk a lot about our preps and food stuffs. It's raining today, some pretty strong off and on storms in GA. I figured I would do som inventorying today. Haven't done an inventory in a while, I've rotated through lots of cans.

I do keep a lot of 5 gallon buckets around with whole wheat, sugar, salt, popcorn, potato flakes, powder milk and several other things sealed in Mylar.

Also I like to can things I've grown too much of in the garden. Also sometimes I'll make a batch of something that's too much and decide to can't that as well and have several big jars ill keep as "preps". Figured I would throw a few pics up so you can see how much of a right wing nut job I really am.

I have enough food in my house for two people to live very well for a year if you do the math on calories. After that I would have to start doing something else. Also I have plenty of protection too so I should be able to keep my supply safe, either that or I'd get got and I wouldn't need it anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	2502

Views:	12 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	2503

Views:	14 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	2504

Views:	12 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	2505
    Excellent!

One suggestion, we use the same type of shelving but moved them sideways so we could rotate our canned goods. When we buy we load the shelf from one side and consume from the other. First in first out.
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-17-2016 at 07:47 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Gambit (07-17-2016)