Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Truck Review

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    6'4"?? Not what I had in my head. I figured you to be a smaller guy. funny that.
    I met Slippy, in person, back when he had hair. He is HUGE. He was polite enough to spend most of the evening seated at his bar stool so we were roughly the same height. But damn!

Without hair, I expect he might not seem quite as large but he will more than make up for it in the "mean look"! I am still debating the next time I am in his town about whether I show up for the supper I will inevitably invite him and Mrs Slippy to because I am afraid I will soil myself and be embarrassed in front of Mrs Slippy.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (08-18-2016),Baglady (08-19-2016),Innkeeper (08-04-2017),Slippy (08-18-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,848 Times in 6,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    6'4"?? Not what I had in my head. I figured you to be a smaller guy. funny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I met Slippy, in person, back when he had hair. He is HUGE. He was polite enough to spend most of the evening seated at his bar stool so we were roughly the same height. But damn!

Without hair, I expect he might not seem quite as large but he will more than make up for it in the "mean look"! I am still debating the next time I am in his town about whether I show up for the supper I will inevitably invite him and Mrs Slippy to because I am afraid I will soil myself and be embarrassed in front of Mrs Slippy.
    Yes Ma'am BagLady, old Slip is a full 6'4" and weighs in at a svelt and athletic 242 lbs. What my good friend Inor left out was how damn SEXY I am...but that would have been gay and Inor is most certainly NOT gay.

He can however suck down lots of beer! He's one of those guys who can drink beer all day and not seem to get drunk...

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Inor and I would have held our own at the bar that we were patronizing. (For two old guys!)

We did have my Son#2 with us and CAM19 goes 6"2" and 185. The funny thing with him is that while he's been in multiple fights in his life, ALL of them have been while he was wearing skates and holding on to the other guy with one hand and punching with the other. I don't think my Son#2 knows how to fight without being in a hockey game! HA!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Baglady (08-19-2016),Innkeeper (08-04-2017),Inor (08-18-2016),MrsInor (08-18-2016),TJC44 (08-18-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    Sparky - what did you end up shelling out for it?
    Purdy truck. I may be in the market for one soon.
    $34,000. I got some discounts through work, and because I paid cash.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (08-04-2017),RubberDuck (08-18-2016),Slippy (08-18-2016),TJC44 (08-18-2016)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post

Next time you see him, just be thinking "Wax on, Wax off"...then you'll be laughing and he'll wonder why..

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Yes Ma'am BagLady, old Slip is a full 6'4" and weighs in at a svelt and athletic 242 lbs. What my good friend Inor left out was how damn SEXY I am...but that would have been gay and Inor is most certainly NOT gay.

He can however suck down lots of beer! He's one of those guys who can drink beer all day and not seem to get drunk...

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Inor and I would have held our own at the bar that we were patronizing. (For two old guys!)

We did have my Son#2 with us and CAM19 goes 6"2" and 185. The funny thing with him is that while he's been in multiple fights in his life, ALL of them have been while he was wearing skates and holding on to the other guy with one hand and punching with the other. I don't think my Son#2 knows how to fight without being in a hockey game! HA!
    Skills. Takes mega skills to hit a moving target!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

hseII (08-19-2016),Slippy (08-21-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dug up this old post tonight to let everyone know that I am finally upgrading the afore mentioned Chevy Colorado. It has an appointment at the shop on July 5th, and should take about 2 days to complete. 6" lift with coil-over, remote-reservoir shocks, fender flairs, new wheels, and 33" tires. I'm excited. Anyway, I'll post pics when it is done.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-26-2017),Innkeeper (08-04-2017),Inor (06-27-2017),Slippy (06-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    I dug up this old post tonight to let everyone know that I am finally upgrading the afore mentioned Chevy Colorado. It has an appointment at the shop on July 5th, and should take about 2 days to complete. 6" lift with coil-over, remote-reservoir shocks, fender flairs, new wheels, and 33" tires. I'm excited. Anyway, I'll post pics when it is done.
    Sweet lets go mud boggin!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Sparkyprep (06-26-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,848 Times in 6,976 Posts

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    'Atta Boy Sparky! Nicely Done!

But it is still a Bow-Tie... (You did not think I could resist did you?)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Sparkyprep (06-27-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox Unclefred's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Roger that. I figure that even if I drop down to 20 or 22mpg, I'm still doing better than the 16mpg that my Taho gets.
    That's much better than the 10mpg my Lariat XLT gets.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast