Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203
Results 2,021 to 2,023 of 2023

Thread: What was your prep of the day?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,118 Times in 10,468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    This week I bought some additional 2 x 4s and plywood for stock. Also finished topping off all my fuel stores. The furnace oil tank is already full for next winter. I have all my seeds and garden supplies in house. Been spending some time at the reloading bench too. Too many things are going way too wrong right now. Also installed a Ring security light and camera for obvious reasons. I need my second knee replacement and it was scheduled for fall. That got moved up to June. I don’t want to be immobilized around election time as I think things are going to get more violent the closer we get. The wheels are starting to come off the cart.

Oh! And by-the-way. One dozen wings and one order of fries cost me $33 today. WTF!
    One thing I learned the hard way about storing #2 pine... Clamp several of them together and store them that way. It does not need to be fancy, just clamp 3-5 boards, flat side facing each other, with a clamp on each end. #2 pine is only dried to about 20% (so it is easy to nudge one way or the other when building something). When it dries out it gets a lot harder to bend. And flat sawn lumber ALWAYS moves when it dries. So if you clamp them first, they will at least dry pretty straight.

(When I built Mrs Inor's She Shack, I bought a whole pallet just to have some extra on hand. The outer boards on the pile bent all to shit as they dried but the inner boards, with the additional weight on them, dried straight.)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (Today),Broncosfan (Yesterday),Chiefster23 (Today),hawgrider (Today),StratBastard (Yesterday)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,112 Times in 14,731 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post
    Dr. McGillicuddy, Dr. Pepper, or Doc Holliday?
    No Dr Pepper, just my primary doc for the last 20 years, he older than me and may have already retired or is sick. No info available other than no appointments available. I can't work out at the spa there that Silver Sneakers thru Priority Health Medicare provides either due to staffing. Oh priority Health is part of Pine Medical also
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

T-Man 1066 (Today)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,112 Times in 14,731 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Wife decided over the weekend that she would like to turn the hall closet into a pantry. So that is my next rainy day project once I get the materials here. She has already started buying extra can goods to fill it up. Ordered a few things from Cabelas today since they had the members 10% off sale plus I had a few points built up. I still have some planting to finish up this year. I have some chestnut, hazelnut, witch hazel and a couple of persimmons left from last year I need to get planted.
    The Mrs runs a food pantry by County Jail. So ya, food is getting hidden and misplaced daily here. Organized great at the pantry, here at home not so much.....
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203