Page 100 of 204 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2033

Thread: What was your prep of the day?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,296 Times in 4,820 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dinty Moor beef stew on sale. Picked up a few can, plus two more jars of ghee. Added all to the pantry.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (07-10-2022),SOCOM42 (07-09-2022),StratBastard (07-09-2022)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 681 Posts
    I been trusting in the Lord to not worry about it. Plenty of ammo right now. Who worries about being dead and why? Aint nobody getting out of this world alive unless the Pre Trib Rapture theory turns out to be correct. We may need to pop some caps if its mid or post
    Trib or not all as some think. Roman Catholics are taught the Book of Revelation is a History Book with Nero Ceaser as the Antichrisrt. Not that beliving the wrong thing could send tehn to Hell or Purgatory. The only thing that can do that is Unbelief in Jesus. Those who believe in Jesus in their hearts (minds)...and confess Him with their mouth shall be saved. Not sure the destination of smart Liberals..but I smell helll.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigwheel For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (07-08-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 47,852 Times in 13,607 Posts
    Family sized cans of creme of mushroom soup on sale at Winco, so I loaded in even though I already have quite a bit. It is the ultimate companion to your rice stores. One big pot of rice, one big can of C of M, add in a couple cans of canned chicken breast or whatever, and you have a quick and yummy casserole everyone bolts down. More than twice the size of regular cans ($1.23) and a steal at $1.27. You can change it up with different meats, cheese on top, toasted crumbled crackers, add onions, whatever. Different meal every night.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (07-09-2022),MountainGirl (07-10-2022),SOCOM42 (07-09-2022)

VIP Member! / Firearms expert SOCOM42's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,613 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Went shopping yesterday after a doctor appointment.

This was a quickey, main shopping is next Tuesday, it was at our wally superstore.

However, I bought 10 pounds of imported Italian Fettuccini, the remainder of the display box.

I have at an earlier time have bought 25 pounds total of it, it is good, used some last night for the both of us.

Also it is cheap @ $1.12 a pound.

It looks like it hardly ever sells, most buy the store brand stuff for a price of $1.05 a pound.

All this goes into my "ready supplies", which is to be used in the next two years.

I have more than enough food in long term storage as it it is.

Last week I bought two, USGI two quart canteens with cover, used cover with new canteen, cleaned, filled, chlorinated them.

Used distilled water for long term store, have Artic canteens for winter use, will swap them out about the first hard frost here.

They now hang on the back of the headrest in each Jeep, each has the drinking cap for NBC mask use.

I was going to get two more, but were sold out.

I already have one quart ones on the ammo belts in each Jeep( with 6 AR mags in pouches).

These are now part of my "get home survival package",

there is 4 gallons of distilled water also in each jeep for if we get snowed in somewhere.

We don't go far anyways anymore, 50 miles is about max, and it is for a doc. appointment.

The canteens came from Sportsman's Guide.
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (07-09-2022),Box of frogs (07-09-2022),Chiefster23 (07-09-2022),MountainGirl (07-10-2022),StratBastard (07-09-2022)

I socked away some more cash, $10's and $20's, multiple hiding places. Canada just had a comms-down sit, including internet and ATM's. If cash don't buy goods, what will?

On a side note, a friend went to the Indianapolis 500 this year. Said you couldn't buy anything with cash, debit or credit only...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T-Man 1066 For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (07-10-2022),Slippy (07-10-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Family sized cans of creme of mushroom soup on sale at Winco, so I loaded in even though I already have quite a bit. It is the ultimate companion to your rice stores. One big pot of rice, one big can of C of M, add in a couple cans of canned chicken breast or whatever, and you have a quick and yummy casserole everyone bolts down. More than twice the size of regular cans ($1.23) and a steal at $1.27. You can change it up with different meats, cheese on top, toasted crumbled crackers, add onions, whatever. Different meal every night.
    I buy Campbell's chunky soups, in most selections I add some cooked rice to increase the volume of the soup, works well.

There is always a Revere Ware 4 quart pot on the stove with rice, for us and the dogs, dip in it when needed.

Myself, I don't like that cream of mushroom soup, just like I don't like New England clam chowder, like the New York style.

Besides both of those give me the shits, just like some of the "C" rats did!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (07-09-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 47,852 Times in 13,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I buy Campbell's chunky soups, in most selections I add some cooked rice to increase the volume of the soup, works well.

There is always a Revere Ware 4 quart pot on the stove with rice, for us and the dogs, dip in it when needed.

Myself, I don't like that cream of mushroom soup, just like I don't like New England clam chowder, like the New York style.

Besides both of those give me the shits, just like some of the "C" rats did!
    Fair enough LOL! I stack those chunky Campell's as well. Pastas/noodles can be added to them to add volume too. All good ways to utilize staples like rice and pasta to make your stores last and last.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (07-10-2022),SOCOM42 (07-09-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I been trusting in the Lord to not worry about it. Plenty of ammo right now. Who worries about being dead and why? Aint nobody getting out of this world alive unless the Pre Trib Rapture theory turns out to be correct. We may need to pop some caps if its mid or post
    Trib or not all as some think. Roman Catholics are taught the Book of Revelation is a History Book with Nero Ceaser as the Antichrisrt. Not that beliving the wrong thing could send tehn to Hell or Purgatory. The only thing that can do that is Unbelief in Jesus. Those who believe in Jesus in their hearts (minds)...and confess Him with their mouth shall be saved. Not sure the destination of smart Liberals..but I smell helll.
    NEVER have enough ammo! I probably have 10X more than I will ever need, but that doesn't matter, more is plenty but never enough.

In a protracted firefight, you pray there is enough ammo on the ground, when the squad leader redistributes the ammo,

and you see the blood on the bandoliers, you get sick and hope there are cases of the shit back at the CP.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Fair enough LOL! I stack those chunky Campell's as well. Pastas/noodles can be added to them to add volume too. All good ways to utilize staples like rice and pasta to make your stores last and last.
    Oh, yeah, you reminded me, I add bow ties to others that will fair well with them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,679 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Bought a new self winding Seiko wrist watch

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarge7402 For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (07-09-2022),Inor (07-09-2022),MountainGirl (07-10-2022),StratBastard (07-09-2022)

Page 100 of 204 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast