Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 891 to 900 of 900

Thread: What was your prep of the day?

  1. #891
    VIP Member! Prepared One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,078

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    5,957
    Thanked 6,754 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Adding a new CCTV system with wireless cameras. adding to the old system with wired cameras.

    I am putting them in to monitor my fuel tanks and comm. shelters where food and ammo is stored.

    The cameras are crazy, they can be programmed to follow a human as they are moving.

    They can also set off an alarm if needed and send alarm to phone.

    Will have 360 degree coverage so to speak when done, one will focus on the entry road and follow whoever it is.

    two cameras came today, will have another repeater(monitor)in bedroom and living room coming out of the office.

    There already are people stealing fuel from cars and tanks in the area.

    They will only record when they see motion, can reject animal movement.

    We have raccoons and possums that feed off of what I put out for them.

    These are the cameras I am using.

    Attachment 18581
    Cameras are the next thing going in here at Ten Oaks. Security cameras are a great force multiplier. We have been doing a lot of work here getting the place ready. I fear the time is growing short.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"

    Winston Churchill

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prepared One For This Useful Post:

    Piratesailor (Yesterday),Slippy (Yesterday),SOCOM42 (Yesterday),Sparkyprep (Yesterday)

  3. #892
    VIP Member! SOCOM42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,278

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    2,780
    Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Cameras are the next thing going in here at Ten Oaks. Security cameras are a great force multiplier. We have been doing a lot of work here getting the place ready. I fear the time is growing short.
    Get a recorder that can be programmed to record only when motion is detected, saves all that writing on the hard drive.

    My old system never stops recording, it is 12-15 years old, but the cameras have night vision and work well.

    The old one writes over the oldest recordings in the system, and I will program the new to do the same,

    new one has a SS recorder of 6 terabytes.

    Daughter has the new cameras, that are installed inside on her phone, she can change focal length, pan and tilt them with it.

    They have two way voice comm. built in, daughter talks to the dogs with them.

    The whole system acts like an alarm system, belching out and audible alert inside and out,

    if so desired to scare away unwanted guest.
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

    MountainGirl (Yesterday),Prepared One (Yesterday)

  5. #893
    VIP Member! Prepared One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,078

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    5,957
    Thanked 6,754 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Get a recorder that can be programmed to record only when motion is detected, saves all that writing on the hard drive.

    My old system never stops recording, it is 12-15 years old, but the cameras have night vision and work well.

    The old one writes over the oldest recordings in the system, and I will program the new to do the same,

    new one has a SS recorder of 6 terabytes.

    Daughter has the new cameras, that are installed inside on her phone, she can change focal length, pan and tilt them with it.

    They have two way voice comm. built in, daughter talks to the dogs with them.

    The whole system acts like an alarm system, belching out and audible alert inside and out,

    if so desired to scare away unwanted guest.
    I have the same system in Houston and will do the same here at Ten Oaks. I like the two way talk and the alarms. Once, I had a kid roaming up my driveway while I was at work. The camera notified me of a person (It will distinguish between just motion and person) so I jumped on the phone and watched him. I let him get about half way up the drive and then pushed the alarm and then screamed get the **** out! You should have seen him turn and run. Scared the crap out of him.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"

    Winston Churchill

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepared One For This Useful Post:

    Piratesailor (Yesterday),SOCOM42 (Yesterday)

  7. #894
    PISSED OFF ! Piratesailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,438

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    1,824
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,317 Posts
    Finally finally have my new generator hooked up and running on the house propane tank. 13kw will run for quite awhile on the propane tank (propane only used for the stove). Now I have 2 genset of about the same size. One primary and one backup or to loan to the kids.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"

    Who is John Galt?

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Piratesailor For This Useful Post:

    Inor (Yesterday),Michael_Js (Yesterday),MountainGirl (Yesterday),Prepared One (Yesterday),SOCOM42 (Yesterday)

  9. #895
    VIP Member! SOCOM42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,278

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    2,780
    Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Finally finally have my new generator hooked up and running on the house propane tank. 13kw will run for quite awhile on the propane tank (propane only used for the stove). Now I have 2 genset of about the same size. One primary and one backup or to loan to the kids.
    My primary house genset runs off of 100# propane tanks.

    Secondary of the same KW is a gasoline set, change out gas every year.

    Propane is the way to go, my big Diesel set has never been used, it is three phase to run house and shop.
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

  10. #896
    Occasionally Replies Back Box of frogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Out in the woods
    Posts
    137

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 426 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Propane is the way to go, my big Diesel set has never been used, it is three phase to run house and shop.
    Geez Socom. What are you running in your shop that takes a three phase motor?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Box of frogs For This Useful Post:

    Ricekila (Yesterday),Sparkyprep (Yesterday)

  12. #897
    VIP Member! Ricekila's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lawnguyland N.Y.
    Posts
    5,677

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    19,483
    Thanked 12,362 Times in 4,594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Box of frogs View Post
    Geez Socom. What are you running in your shop that takes a three phase motor?
    Old Sparky ?

    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

    The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

    And Epstein didn't kill himself

    Μολών Λaβέ

  13. #898
    VIP Member! SOCOM42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,278

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    2,780
    Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Box of frogs View Post
    Geez Socom. What are you running in your shop that takes a three phase motor?
    To answer, a Bridgeport mill, 6"X18" surface grinder, Cincinnati Milacron 4 axis CNC milling machine 15 HP,

    Cincinnati 3 axis CNC lathe 5 HP, 14"x 40" manual lathe 5 HP, Cincinnati automatic horizontal miller 5HP.

    All are three phase machines, main breaker panel is 600 AMP.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; Yesterday at 03:36 PM.
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

    Prepared One (Yesterday),T-Man 1066 (Yesterday)

  15. #899
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    To answer, a Bridgeport mill, 6"X18" surface grinder, Cincinnati Milacron 4 axis CNC milling machine 15 HP,

    Cincinnati 3 axis CNC lathe 5 HP, 14"x 40" manual lathe 5 HP, Cincinnati automatic horizontal miller 5HP.

    All are three phase machines, main breaker panel is 600 AMP.
    You run all that on a genset?

    How do the CNC's handle it? Did you have to use some type of voltage conditioner?

    I run a 25HP rotary, and noticed that one lathe that has a VFD doesn't run properly unless I idle a second motor in line, such as my drill press or the Bridgeport. My Omniturn has a VFD and has no problems, but it is a good quality unit. Mitsubishi. The lathe in question has a chicom VFD mostly for speed control.

    I just re-read your post, are you using the genset as backup power for the shop? And what are you on for primary 3 phase?

  16. #900
    VIP Member! SOCOM42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,278

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    2,780
    Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post
    You run all that on a genset?

    How do the CNC's handle it? Did you have to use some type of voltage conditioner?

    I run a 25HP rotary, and noticed that one lathe that has a VFD doesn't run properly unless I idle a second motor in line, such as my drill press or the Bridgeport. My Omniturn has a VFD and has no problems, but it is a good quality unit. Mitsubishi. The lathe in question has a chicom VFD mostly for speed control.

    I just re-read your post, are you using the genset as backup power for the shop? And what are you on for primary 3 phase?


    The 3 phase is brought in from the electric company, they ran it to the town water pump a few years before I built my shop.

    The propane set is just for single phase stuff, household power.

    I have an Onan 25 KW three phase 60 cycle Diesel military genset to run shop stuff. there are huge start caps inline.

    Have never used it other than test it 25 years ago, just run it every so often.

    So you are running a rotary converter, I know about the secondary motor running, ran a converter when I first started out.

    Was a Cedarburg job, this standby one I have is a Phoenix Rotary Phase Converter.

    I still have the converter sitting on its mount if ever needed, a 25 HP like yours, it is wired in.

    I had the exact same trouble running my lathe, starting relays would chatter like hell when in a certain gear setting.

    With the genset I would only run the manual machines with it, the sine wave is not all that pure, afraid for the electronics.

    I had my scope on the lines, lot of noise on the wave, would have to be filtered better for the big stuff.

    I think that if we got an EMP strike, the old stuff will still work and be extremely valuable.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; Yesterday at 11:28 PM.
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •