Thread: Portable, collapsible, and made in the USA.

Portable, collapsible, and made in the USA.

The Helix lantern is an interesting creation from this all-American company. You essentially have a short, squat disk that composes the body of the thing. Four rugged-looking hook thingamabobs serve as easily-adjustable feet for leveling it to use as a lantern, or for hanging it for use as an area light.

For brighter light, such as when hung overhead to serve as a room light in a tent, you can remove the “globe,” which is a nifty flexible rubbery white thing. It serves to soften and distribute the light… and it can be collapsed for transporting the Helix.
    http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/01/17...elix-lanterns/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (02-10-2017),Kfilly (02-10-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Cool I like it
    God Bless the south , I believe in God , Country , Family , 2nd Amendment , Judge Jeanie Pirro , The Constitution, The U.S. Military , President Trump , The Wall , A Country Boy Can Survive ,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Targetshooter For This Useful Post:

Kfilly (02-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Targetshooter View Post
    Cool I like it

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/01/17...elix-lanterns/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Kfilly (02-10-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    The red light option is nice, that is something missing from many lights/lanterns.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Kfilly (02-10-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts
    Oh great! More stuff I have to add to my Amazon wish list!

Quote Originally Posted by Kfilly View Post
    Oh great! More stuff I have to add to my Amazon wish list!
    Heard that..
    On my budget best I can do is put it on my drool list. There is a lamp they advertise on tv that looks cool too. I forget exactly what its called but it survives a 50 foot fall blah blah super bright nuke lamp or something to that effect. Crap now I gotta see if I can find that that one.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (02-10-2017),juskom95 (02-10-2017),Kfilly (02-10-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Heard that..
    On my budget best I can do is put it on my drool list. There is a lamp they advertise on tv that looks cool too. I forget exactly what its called but it survives a 50 foot fall blah blah super bright nuke lamp or something to that effect. Crap now I gotta see if I can find that that one.
    Bell and Howell Tac lantern or some such. I saw the commercial too. The one where they froze it and threw it in a fire, etc.

The lantern in your op looks good too. I have the luci blow up one. http://www.theoutdoortradingpost.com...ead.php?t=3258 it's good and it's cheap. But this Princeton tech looks much better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Bell and Howell Tac lantern or some such. I saw the commercial too. The one where they froze it and threw it in a fire, etc.

The lantern in your op looks good too. I have the luci blow up one. http://www.theoutdoortradingpost.com...ead.php?t=3258 it's good and it's cheap. But this Princeton tech looks much better quality.
    Yeah that sounds like it. The attached pics on the link are not visible but yeah the comercial showed it froze then they dropped it then they boiled it etc.