Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pay off the credit card

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I am working on paying off my two cards and ending my relationship with them. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be done.
    Last edited by dsdmmat; 07-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Dinky Dau

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    http://www.windstream.net/news/read/..._collectors-ap

Posting to show the economy isn't as great as the politicians make it out to be.
    Guess I do and don't get why employers would use a credit score. Shows you know how to manage your life, but they don't know what happened in your life to mess with your score.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RWalls View Post
    NAMES!! What company?
    Strovex. Just Google it. Complaint after complaint. Its a pill company I think you would call them supplements. Stay away. Steer clear. Nothing to do with prepping but if you take anything like that id go into a store.

The bank was better. My bank is wells fargo. I don't know how it works but I was told the pill company had to agree to give the money back which took a while. At least a week and a half.

Sorry about the late response....
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    Make a plan to pay off the credit card. Its the highest interest. Make a plan to get them paid off even if it will take a few years.

Most people use their credit cards to buy stuff on sale. Not such a good deal after you figure the interest you pay on it.

Set the credit card aside for emergencies only. Anything else if you can't pay cash then don't buy with the exception of a vehicle but there is a huge difference in interest between them.
    I am just throwing this out there for people that have lots of debt and want a final solution

https://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/index.cfm

I am debt free, including my home, and with hard work and some fiscal discipline you can be too.

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    I had some CC when I was young, learned fiscal sense from my folks, got rid of them after awhile, years later got married, after the divorce I was up to my eyeballs in debt, volunteered for a couple of Government Sponsored Vacations to the Desert Health Spa so I could pay all my debts off, and then got a couple of CC's to slowly work my credit back up, would use them to pay for a few things each month and pay them off each month, took me about 3 years of hard work to get my credit score back up where I could buy a house and I will be closing sometime between Friday and the first week in Sept. I still keep a couple CC's just incase of emergency, and use one each month just to show activity to keep improving my credit, but never more than I can pay off each month. Right now I am debt free except what I am borrowing for my house but it is the happiest I have been since my divorce and I plan to stay that way. People laugh when I say Happily Divorced, but when married I never had savings I do now, and new guns and the things I NEED. luckily I do not need a lot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

TJC44 (08-28-2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123