Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pay off the credit card

Passed on.
    Thanks

pay off the credit card

Make a plan to pay off the credit card. Its the highest interest. Make a plan to get them paid off even if it will take a few years.

Most people use their credit cards to buy stuff on sale. Not such a good deal after you figure the interest you pay on it.

Set the credit card aside for emergencies only. Anything else if you can't pay cash then don't buy with the exception of a vehicle but there is a huge difference in interest between them.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HuntingHawk For This Useful Post:

dsdmmat (07-29-2014),Infidel (07-23-2014),shootbrownelk (07-23-2014)

Occasionally Replies Back
    Thanks
    I only use a credit card for online purchases, I try to keep to a budget and its paid off in full at the end of each month.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big paul For This Useful Post:

1moretoy (07-20-2014),shootbrownelk (07-23-2014)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Earlier this month we ordered something over the phone with my debit card. It was supposed to be a $5 charge. Well my checking account would up at -$100 yes negative 100$ it took what seemed like forever but I did get it back including the overdraft fee. I had to call my bank and the company that charged me, they hung up. I had to be polite to a company with a better business bureau F rating so they wouldn't hang up. Thanks for listening.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Little Miss Chatterbox 1moretoy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by big paul View Post
    I only use a credit card for online purchases, I try to keep to a budget and its paid off in full at the end of each month.
    X2... Treat it like cash and only charge what you can afford to pay off at the end of the month. Also, get one that builds points. I've flown my daughter home from Texas twice in the last couple of years with those points.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1moretoy For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (08-27-2014)

Dinky Dau

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    We travel a lot so I use it for that- it also makes it easier for me to pay one bill at the end of the month. But it's paid off every month.

Thanks
    If I knew when the EOTWAWKI thing was gonna happen though, I'd run that thing up like a young bird dog!
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

Thomas Jefferson

Seen on Bumper Sticker:

I may be an old dog
    But I can still bury a bone

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,015 Posts
    I put some 401k money into my bank account, and the credit card offers are "rolling in". Nope, Nada. I have a debit card, and I have a check book. I have a low credit score, should be coming up, now that I paid some medical stuff, and I plan on buying some land soon, but I hope to never have to make CC payments.

Daily Abuser
    Thanks
    That's the one 600 lbs gorilla I have on my back now and the last remaining debt to pay off. Made a lot of head way in just one year and now that I am unemployed I glad I tag teamed it hard the past year. Hopefully I can get back to work soon now that I got my dd-214 and I can get hot on them again!

I ran them up when I was in between jobs and had no income coming in and had a couple of huge car repair bills that had to be paid for. If I only knew what a dear price I was going to pay for that! But it was a good learning experience though. I use my cards a lot different now than I did then. I have managed to build a pretty insaine credit limit which was part of the reason I got them in the first place. But once I retired from the military I got serious about all of the debt I had and started working at a feverish pitch to get them all paid off. Payed the 37ft boat off 7 years early, the RV about 5 years early, the car 2 years early and paid cash for the last two I have bought and now drive. The credit cards are the last two I have left and I am hell bent to pay them down as soon as possible, especially with this crappy economy we now live in as the new norm in America.

Little Miss Chatterbox 1moretoy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I put some 401k money into my bank account, and the credit card offers are "rolling in". Nope, Nada. I have a debit card, and I have a check book. I have a low credit score, should be coming up, now that I paid some medical stuff, and I plan on buying some land soon, but I hope to never have to make CC payments.
    If you use a debit card you put yourself at a greater risk. Check with the bank or credit union you have it with. Most do not back you if it is stolen and you incur a large bill that isn't yours. CC companies allow you to dispute the charges that are not yours.

Dinky Dau

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    IF it's paid off monthly, is it a bad thing to use? I always have enough money in the bank to cover what I'm spending. I like to use it so I don't have to pack a bunch of cash around and it's pretty difficult to get anyone to take out of state checks anymore. I travel from MT to WY almost every week.

It's difficult to make purchases on line without using one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast