Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Becker BK2

Don't get too close, I bite! RubberDuck's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 11,105 Times in 4,188 Posts

Becker BK2

couple weeks back I wrnt ahead and ordered a BK2 and a leather survival sheath.
    No disappointment with the BK2 can shave with it straight out of the box I may add some grip tape or carve a set of walnut handles for it. It came with a nice kydex sheath with lots of mounting options and strong retention. It does have a nylon belt loop and handle snap that would have bettet as leather or a plastic material. I have seen pics of conversations guys have done that I may do.
    there is a ton of reviews on this knife already but will do a brief one on our bug out.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

hag (04-07-2017),hawgrider (04-07-2017),juskom95 (04-11-2017),Kfilly (04-07-2017),Talon (04-19-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    couple weeks back I wrnt ahead and ordered a BK2 and a leather survival sheath.
    No disappointment with the BK2 can shave with it straight out of the box I may add some grip tape or carve a set of walnut handles for it. It came with a nice kydex sheath with lots of mounting options and strong retention. It does have a nylon belt loop and handle snap that would have bettet as leather or a plastic material. I have seen pics of conversations guys have done that I may do.
    there is a ton of reviews on this knife already but will do a brief one on our bug out.
    It is a great knife! I keep a BK9 as a bug out bag blade. I prefer the BK9 for a few reasons. It is lighter than the BK2. The blade is 9.25" long, and I can also use my knife as a small machete for clearing a campsite. The BK9 is also very durable. It is only about a 1/16" skinnier at the spine. The blade on the BK9 is not as tall from edge to spine. I field tested my BK9 by chopping through an oak branch which was about the size of my palm, and the knife passed with flying colors. Both are great knives though.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-07-2017),RubberDuck (04-07-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Here is the leather sheath I ordered this guybis not the leather worker Infidel is but didn't find out till I got it unfortunately. But he did refund my whole purchase price and said to keep it after I mentioned a few things I wasn't happy with so the price was right. I still may have Infidel make me one in the future.
    This has the sucrets pouch that can be mounted left or right and a removable vertical carry strap so can be worn horizontal.
    His pattern on this one was much larger than his stock photos which was one of my complaints it really is to large and bulky for what it is and the knife it's for. And you can see how it tapers from one end to the other getting larger like a paddle makes it rise on a slant when horizontal. His edge work ot pretty rough too.
    But I will make due and add some things to it and make this a stand alone survival case.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

hag (04-07-2017),hawgrider (04-07-2017),Infidel (04-07-2017),Kfilly (04-07-2017),Talon (04-19-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 767 Posts
    The edges are pretty hairy for sure. I've never been a fan of that style sheath, just seems like no matter what you do to it it's going to be huge.

-Infidel
    Custom Leather goods, check out the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/StuMillerLeatherWorks

Etsy Store:
    http://StuMillerLeather.Etsy.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Infidel For This Useful Post:

RubberDuck (04-07-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    The edges are pretty hairy for sure. I've never been a fan of that style sheath, just seems like no matter what you do to it it's going to be huge.

-Infidel
    If I had another done I would go something like one of these.
    One that follows the contour of the blade which would slim it down.
    My other thought is using the stock sheath with some leather add ons like that 3rd pic that just can be attached through the slots.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

Infidel (04-08-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 767 Posts
    Adding on to the stock sheath would certainly keep the cost down on it. It's especially effective if you like the stock sheath. I'm not a fan of scout carry especially on a large knife, to have that big of a piece sitting at the base of my spine is uncomfortable for me. I wouldn't dream of trying to talk someone out of it but that leather sheath you have now seems perfect for trying it out before you make a final decision unless you have prior experience with it. Check this guy's work out. He hasn't posted anything recently but he makes some super nice sheaths.
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/t8JfuTLxjUU
    Custom Leather goods, check out the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/StuMillerLeatherWorks

Etsy Store:
    http://StuMillerLeather.Etsy.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Infidel For This Useful Post:

RubberDuck (04-08-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I certainly like the retention of the stock sheath. What I did like with this one was the option to carry horizontal or vertical so far when vertical it is most comfortable on my left hip cross drawing isn't to bad horizontal I have never done but going to try.
    being right handed my gun holster is in the way for either style of carry which is what made me want to try horizontal.
    Our upcoming bug out will give me a chance to play with it and see what I really want.
    That is a good vid like his work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RubberDuck For This Useful Post:

Infidel (04-08-2017)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170410_184646159.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	3403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170410_184634529.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	3404

Zumting like dis, per chance?
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

RubberDuck (04-10-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170410_184646159.jpg 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	3403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170410_184634529.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	3404

Zumting like dis, per chance?
    I do like a good plain sheath too that would be a nice camp or edc sheath on the farm.

I've worn it around the farm a lot. The snap dangler makes for easy off and on. It does have a
    regular belt loop also.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast