Thread: Stanley Adventure 32 Ounce Stainless Steel Pot Review

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts

Stanley Adventure 32 Ounce Stainless Steel Pot Review

I recently did a review of the 24 ounce Stanley Adventure Cook Pot. I recently purchased their 32 ounce Cook and Store Set. The pot in this set has similar features as the 24 ounce model. It has a similar design to the folding handle that locks the lid in place when stowed. The lid also has vent holes that serve as a strainer. The pot only has measurement markings at 16 and 30 ounces compared to the more frequent markings of the other pot. It would have been nice if they would have made markings at every 8 ounces. The 32 ounce pot is shorter and wider than the 24 ounce model. I see this as being a benefit to making it quicker to heat items as there is more surface area in contact with the flame, and more liquid being heated by the base of the pan. This kit comes with a 13 ounce Tupperware style container with a screw on lid. It also comes with three 1.5 ounce containers with screw on lids. All the plastic containers are supposed to be waterproof, and they nest inside of the pot. I want to have a little competition to see which one will earn a place in my INCH bag. I like my 24 ounce pot, and I am sure I will like this one also as it is made out of the same material. I will update on how they perform with my bio-mass stove.

The pot is 5.6" wide X 4.4" tall. The entire set weighs just over a pound. I bought this on Amazon for $16.

Edit: The 24 ounce pot w/lid weighs just under 8 ounces.
    The 32 ounce pot w/lid weighs just under 9.25 ounces.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	3380
    This pot shown with included plastic containers. This photo was taken from a hand stand position. I apologize for showing off my amazing strength.
    Last edited by Kfilly; 04-27-2017 at 10:34 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (04-07-2017),hag (04-07-2017),hawgrider (04-07-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Excellent, I look forward to the comparison!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I will do two tests. One on my electric stove, and another with my bio-mass stove. I would fully expect the larger pot to out perform in both tests. The reason for the electric stove test is because I will apply constant heat to both pots. That test will be completed on Sunday.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (04-07-2017),hawgrider (04-07-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I did the first part of my test. I wanted to make sure there were as few variables as possible. I filled both pots with 8 ounces of water from the same container that was kept inside of my fridge. Both pots were placed on the same electric element of my smooth top range. As I expected, the wider based 32 ounce pot heated the water to a boil a lot quicker than the taller narrower 24 ounce pot. The 32 ounce pot got the water to a boil in just a shade over 4 minutes. The 24 ounce pot came in around 6.5 minutes. I also found my small kitchen scale which I used to weigh both pots. The 32 ounce pot w/lid weighs just under 9.25 ounces. The 24 ounce pot w/lid weighs just under 8 ounces. Weight between the two pots is pretty negligible. The real issue is space in your pack. I am leaning towards carrying the 32 ounce pot in my kit from the initial test. One last thing about the 32 ounce pot. The bottom of the pot is tapered, and the top of the taper is where 8 ounces fills the pot. The reason I bring this up is because a lot of Mountain House meals require 8 ounces of water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	3387
    Eliminating as many variables as humanly possible for a crude test. Both pots on the same burner.

I will not even have to do the test on my bio-mass stove. The larger pot just barely overhangs my stove (Vargo Titanium Hexagonal Stove). My 24 ounce pot barely fits on that stove. My 32 ounce pot will still collect more heat across the bottom of the pan, and it will heat water faster than the small pot. I thought it would have a lot more dead space on my small stove than what it actually does which is the reason I was going to do the second test, but it does not. A 2.5 minute difference when boiling water is a pretty big deal. I am not knocking the 24 ounce pot either. I also love that one!
    Last edited by Kfilly; 04-11-2017 at 09:19 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-09-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    If you have the money, you could buy both. I paid about $30 combined for both pots on Amazon. Both pots are also very nice. So, you would not really be out anything. I only did the stove top review. I set both pots on my small bio-mass stove and realized the larger pot would still be more efficient at heating water as there is barely any over hang on either side. The 32 ounce pot will boil water faster due to more surface area heating the water. The 32 ounce set I reviewed is called Cook and Store. They make a similar 32 ounce one with a plastic lid, I would not want that for camping/cooking over a campfire.

Small pot advantages:
    Similar in size to a cup, used as a cup
    More measurement markings
    Less pack space/nests with certain water bottles
    1.25 ounces lighter

Large Pot Advantages:
    Will boil water and cook faster
    Can store items inside to save pack space
    Can cook larger meals
    Easier to clean as hand can easily fit inside
    Pot will be more stable on a stove or burner due to shorter stature and wider base
    Last edited by Kfilly; 04-09-2017 at 03:28 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (04-09-2017),hawgrider (04-09-2017)