Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do when police refuse to help

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

What to do when police refuse to help

I originally posted this on sb, but it got deleted By an angry mod.

Still feel the need to share.

Last saturday afternoon my family and I were walking home from the park around the corner from our house. When a guy on a motorcycle races up our street ( very quiet historical park area) 35-40 mph cuts off a car a pops a wheelie in front of it almost not landing- swerving and coming very close to a 2 year old on a bike.
    So I yell " hey! Slow it down" and the biker pulls a u turn comes back towards me flips his visor up and throws his hands out and says
    " what are you gonna do about it buddy? - you think you're a cop faggot?"
    So I step into the street in front of his bike and say
    " dude there are kids out here you don't need to be poppin wheelies"
    Right then the guy driving the car he cut off ran up on me shoving me and yelling
    " you think you're an effin cop faggot?" I effin beat your faggot ass"
    I look to him a say
    " chill dude, Im just telling him to slow it down"
    The guy from the car says " who the eff are you? "
    I say " look man, my family live here and that's not crap you do around kids and a park"
    The biker says
    " I didn't even get 6 inches off the ground that shit isn't even dangerous faggot" you're gonna get beat faggot I'll effin kill you"

So I tell my wife to take the boys home and I walk them around the corner and take my phone out and photograph their plates, and dial 911, mean while they are yelling and threatening to kill me.
    So I head back home while on the phone with dispatch and the driver of the car follows me back down the alleyway back to my house.
    He pulls a sog auto assist knife and flicks it out and says " what now faggot"
    So I pull a little tiny Kiri dashi from my change pocket and Lunge at him telling him to back the eff up!

2 of my male neighbors came out then and the dude put the knife back in his pocket.
    My neighbors wife asked if I wanted her to call the cops and I said I was on the phone with them right then.
    Here's the crazy part
    Then the biker pulls up in the other dudes Volvo and gets out threatening me.
    So I tell my wife to grab the 12 gauge and I tell them they are under citizens arrest.
    My other neighbor came out and told the driver to back it up and he yells
    " thats my little bro, that faggot is effin dead."
    He then starts to pull his knife again but I pulled mine faster and he freaked and says
    " sorry you just ran up on my bro and and ... I told him not to be doin that trick shit"
    He then tells his brother to get back in the car and I say.
    " this is your last chance get in the car and get the eff out of here fool"
    ..... So they drive away.
    I will post the second part now.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMFuzy For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),Inor (12-11-2017)

No concealed carry license? Sounds like when he pulled the knife it would have been a good shoot!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (04-27-2017),Camel923 (04-27-2017),dudeman (05-01-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),Inor (04-29-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017),Sparkyprep (04-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Unfortunately, some idiots like this think they are in charge because they can browbeat people. Honestly, unless they are in front of my home, I don't say anything anymore to avoid legal issues. In front of my home, I do say something.

I'm with hawgrider on this one, if they had pulled a knife like that, my sidearm would have come out. (And is has for situations like that.)

Of course, one way to reduce speeders, was with my purchase of a CVPI and placing it almost hidden around the corner of the street.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Camel923 (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),MI.oldguy (04-30-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,020 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017)

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Roughly 5 minutes go by and the dispatcher tells me to put all the weapons inside before the officers arrive ( my wife never got the 12 gauge) the first officer shows up and he's an LT.
    I tell him what happened and show him the pics of the plates and notify him that we also have cell phone video and our home surveillance video.
    Then 4 more officers show up and one talks to my neighbors and tells them to go inside. The LT says they are going to send someone to " find out what's goin on"
    A few minutes later another cop pulls up and gets out shaking his finger at me saying " you are the one who pulled the knife" put your hands on the fence.
    I look at him confused and I say what?
    The LT tells him to "cool it"
    Then the cop says " the other guy doesn't even have a knife, i asked his brother too"

My wife says, " yeah cause nobody has ever lied for their brother before" - " did you even search him?"
    The rude cop says " do you want to get searched? Did I search you?"

He then looks to me and says " are you stupid or something, you must be stupid to try to fight somebody with a knife"
    - the Lt tells him to stop.
    The rude cop then rolls his eyes looking around to the other officers and says " I don't think he understands, it must not be in his mental capacity"
    So I say " I do understand that your are being super condescending, and have no idea what is going on because you just got here.
    So the rude cops says " are you a vet?"
    I say yes, and he laughs and says " figures" so again the Lt tells him to shut up.
    I say" wtf is that supposed to mean?"
    The Lt looks to me and says I guess what he was trying to say is you should have just waited for us.
    I say " these guys threatened to kill me in my own driveway, I'm going to defend myself"
    And he says well, we talked to them and I guess you can mayBe file an order of protection.
    I say " I want them arrested"
    And the Lt says " the other officers don't really feel the need to do anything further"
    The rude cop then says if you want me to arrest them then I am going to arrest you too"
    The Lt again tells him to hush and the Lt says you get a copy of the report in a few days.
    I look to the cops and I say " thanks for coming out I guess"
    And the Lt says enjoy your weekend with you family.
    So I say you guys too, except for " rude cop" - you can go eff yourself"
    And rude cops says as he's getting in his car " I hope your house doesn't burn down"
    Last edited by GMFuzy; 04-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMFuzy For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),Inor (12-11-2017)

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    No concealed carry license? Sounds like when he pulled the knife it would have been a good shoot!
    No I don't yet have a cc, but I have been open carrying.
    Turns out the moron brothers are 28 and 39 and still live with their mom right around the corner.
    And here's even more weird stuff,
    Back in February, a guy broke into the toolbox of my wife's truck and tried to hotwire my car or something ( the ignition was totally ripped out) he also looked right into the camera before ripping the floodlight off of the wall.
    As I was making a DVD of the incident saturday I remembered his face, but the cops don't really care and I should " maybe email it to crime stoppers "
    Lol what a joke.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMFuzy For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by GMFuzy View Post
    Roughly 5 minutes go by and the dispatcher tells me to put all the weapons inside before the officers arrive ( my wife never got the 12 gauge) the first officer shows up and he's an LT.
    I tell him what happened and show him the pics of the plates and notify him that we also have cell phone video and our home surveillance video.
    Then 4 more officers show up and one talks to my neighbors and tells them to go inside. The LT says they are going to send someone to " find out what's goin on"
    A few minutes later another cop pulls up and gets out shaking his finger at me saying " you are the one who pulled the knife" put your hands on the fence.
    Then the cop says " the other guy doesn't even have a knife, i asked his brother too"

My wife says, " yeah cause nobody has ever lied for their brother before" - " did you even search him?"

He then looks to me and says " are you stupid or something, you must be stupid to try to fight somebody with a knife"
    The rude cop then rolls his eyes looking around to the other officers and says " I don't think he understands, it must not be in his mental capacity"
    So I say " I do understand that your are being super condescending, and have no idea what is going on because you just got here.
    I say yes, and he laughs and says " figures" so again the Lt tells him to shut up.
    The Lt looks to me and says I guess what he was trying to say is you should have just waited for us.
    I say " these guys threatened to kill me in my own driveway, I'm going to defend myself"
    And he says well, we talked to them and I guess you can mayBe file an order of protection.
    And the Lt says " the other officers don't really feel the need to do anything further"
    The rude cop then says if you want me to arrest them then I am going to arrest you too"
    The Lt again tells him to hush and the Lt says you get a copy of the report in a few days.
    And rude cops says as he's getting in his car " I hope your house doesn't burn down"

To protect and serve is just a saying. There is no way they can or will protect you. Call response time will never be quick enough. So all thats left is the serve part of that slogan.... and the serve part is nothing more than them writing a report if your lucky enough to even get them to come out and do that.

PS: Id have that rude cops head! File a compliant that he threatened to burn your house down just for starters.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-30-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion, and it aint worth much, my sidearm would have come out as soon as he pulled the knife. Wifes sidearm would come out too, as she paced sideways to take a flanking position. Kids run home and call police.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017),slewfoot (04-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GMFuzy View Post

From my own experiences, I'm guessing the "Rude Cop," was young and/or new/inexperienced?

Especially if you have video of the altercation, to just be arresting you when it is a he said/he said situation . . .

On another note, I have ran into an increasing amount of LEO's who have a distaste for veterans in general.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    In my opinion, and it aint worth much, my sidearm would have come out as soon as he pulled the knife. Wifes sidearm would come out too, as she paced sideways to take a flanking position. Kids run home and call police.
    One thing that helps, I have a CCTV system up and know its sight-lines. So if that were to happen, I would make sure the incident were all recorded.

COFFEE!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast