Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What to do when police refuse to help

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    I fortunately have only had one run in with a LEO in the last 20 years. He was a bit of a douche. But I'm Mr. "Yes Sir, Yes Sir" when it comes to them.

As far as folks thinking Vets, especially Airborne, Ranger, SOF, and SF are more dangerous..... I think there is just so much unknown about the military by most folks that they let the hollywood narrative play in their head.
    There is a definite misconception, that and the whole dark/twisted humor most vets have doesn't quite jive with most civilians (though oddly enough I think most on here get it)

Most guys I know (SF, Seals, Ranger) are quick to walk away from trouble, to let someone call them all sort of names, or "Win" the verbal argument.... Because we have nothing to prove anymore. I know that is the way I feel. It is hard to do so, but in the end I know I'm doing the right thing.

I will avoid a confrontation right up to the point I believe I can't and then I'm going to end it as humanly possible when that happens.
    I've walked away from more fights now than I ever did in the service or before. I think it is more of the "I don't really care," than anything else though.

This whole PTSD thing is being handled like a crutch for everyone. It justifies everything, so its used constantly.
    I don't talk to anyone about it. PERIOD.

I made the mistake once, to someone I thought I could trust . . . . I had to leave that job.

I have some bad dreams, I get aggravated quicker, I may react in a more aggressive tone, and I don't take smart asses trying to bully or push me around. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go straight to violence... I still have my sense of right and wrong and repercussion/consequences.

War changes everyone who has gone through it. Some more severe than others. My thoughts are that you become a survivor of it and move on with life, or you just use it as a constant crutch, like the whole racism thing is....oh poor poor me....blah, blah, blah.
    Yup
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Are we in Seattle, proud to live in a sanctuary city, and willing to pay more taxes to keep it that way?

Some of you will get the reference.
    Ok so Im a little slow apparently Is this the dip shit you guys are talking about?

yeah does seem to have some similarities to Opie6!

About Jammer Six
    Interests:
    Woodworking, blacksmithing, diving, sailing
    Trophy Husband
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (12-13-2017)

That would be the one.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (12-13-2017)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    I fortunately have only had one run in with a LEO in the last 20 years. He was a bit of a douche. But I'm Mr. "Yes Sir, Yes Sir" when it comes to them.

As far as folks thinking Vets, especially Airborne, Ranger, SOF, and SF are more dangerous..... I think there is just so much unknown about the military by most folks that they let the hollywood narrative play in their head.

Most guys I know (SF, Seals, Ranger) are quick to walk away from trouble, to let someone call them all sort of names, or "Win" the verbal argument.... Because we have nothing to prove anymore. I know that is the way I feel. It is hard to do so, but in the end I know I'm doing the right thing.

I will avoid a confrontation right up to the point I believe I can't and then I'm going to end it as humanly possible when that happens.

This whole PTSD thing is being handled like a crutch for everyone. It justifies everything, so its used constantly.

I have some bad dreams, I get aggravated quicker, I may react in a more aggressive tone, and I don't take smart asses trying to bully or push me around. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go straight to violence... I still have my sense of right and wrong and repercussion/consequences.

War changes everyone who has gone through it. Some more severe than others. My thoughts are that you become a survivor of it and move on with life, or you just use it as a constant crutch, like the whole racism thing is....oh poor poor me....blah, blah, blah.

I
    I was doing a ride along for one of my clinicals the other day the officer I was riding with knew a lot of vets on and off the force and asked me my view on PTSD and how so many throw the word around as an excuse for them doing something wrong, and it is not just vets, but people who in my opinion are coached by liberal psycho babble that anytime something happens that might be “traumatic” they have PTSD and yes it is used as a crutch. This is one day going to have far reaching repercussions for all of us. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (12-14-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    I was doing a ride along for one of my clinicals the other day the officer I was riding with knew a lot of vets on and off the force and asked me my view on PTSD and how so many throw the word around as an excuse for them doing something wrong, and it is not just vets, but people who in my opinion are coached by liberal psycho babble that anytime something happens that might be “traumatic” they have PTSD and yes it is used as a crutch. This is one day going to have far reaching repercussions for all of us. Just my two cents.
    Typically the ones who throw it around as an excuse, use it as a crutch or reason for the bad behavior, are pieces of crap who are irresponsible and probably should not be in any sort of responsibility.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (12-14-2017)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    Typically the ones who throw it around as an excuse, use it as a crutch or reason for the bad behavior, are pieces of crap who are irresponsible and probably should not be in any sort of responsibility.
    He told me of a Fire Fighter who was arrested who used it as an excuse and one other person. I agree with you on that part, but the word is too liberally thrown around for too many things. Mine mostly affects my sleep, though I do get angry over some things easier, or at least quicker, but I am in charge of my emotions not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    He told me of a Fire Fighter who was arrested who used it as an excuse and one other person. I agree with you on that part, but the word is too liberally thrown around for too many things.
    Yup. Between the overuse by idiots and the ignorant stigma attached to it, people who need help won't/can't get it.

Mine mostly affects my sleep, though I do get angry over some things easier, or at least quicker, but I am in charge of my emotions not the other way around.
    Sleep? What's that?

I find I have a general apathy and hatred to people in general; more so than before I got back to the states.

I've learned to avoid certain situations (which still doesn't go over well with the wife!)

COFFEE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (12-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    It is not universal, but it does seem to be a growing trend unfortunately.

I've started avoiding interaction with LEO's, or not letting them know I'm a vet until I get to know them better.
    That is a smart move on your part, since you will be judged as a nut, or something. I don't know what has happened in America, but it is bad news. When a man who has honorably served is deemed a potential threat, it is sign that America has gone down the wrong road, and there is worse to come.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (12-15-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    That is a smart move on your part, since you will be judged as a nut, or something. I don't know what has happened in America, but it is bad news. When a man who has honorably served is deemed a potential threat, it is sign that America has gone down the wrong road, and there is worse to come.
    It echo's (not the same) as the sentiment towards Vietnam vets. What I believe is that there has always been a strong undercurrent of hate, distrust and condensation towards veterans. It was not seen because it was not the "Politically Correct," thing to do after 9/11, but after sixteen years the sentiment is gone.

It goes back to the whole "Bumper Sticker Patriotism," I've claimed before.

COFFEE!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (12-15-2017)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567