Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do when police refuse to help

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    From my own experiences, I'm guessing the "Rude Cop," was young and/or new/inexperienced?

Especially if you have video of the altercation, to just be arresting you when it is a he said/he said situation . . .

On another note, I have ran into an increasing amount of LEO's who have a distaste for veterans in general.
    Cops have an even greater distaste for vets who were in Airborne or SOCOM units, they must picture them as loose cannons. Guys who were Paratroopers, or Rangers or SF, inspire fear, and aversion. That is a personal belief of mine, and I think that it runs through general society. Most people will never think about joining the Army, much less the 75th Rangers, or the 82nd.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (12-11-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Cops have an even greater distaste for vets who were in Airborne or SOCOM units, they must picture them as loose cannons. Guys who were Paratroopers, or Rangers or SF, inspire fear, and aversion. That is a personal belief of mine, and I think that it runs through general society. Most people will never think about joining the Army, much less the 75th Rangers, or the 82nd.
    It is not universal, but it does seem to be a growing trend unfortunately.

I've started avoiding interaction with LEO's, or not letting them know I'm a vet until I get to know them better.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

It is not universal, but it does seem to be a growing trend unfortunately.

I've started avoiding interaction with LEO's, or not letting them know I'm a vet until I get to know them better.
    That is a smart move on your part, since you will be judged as a nut, or something. I don't know what has happened in America, but it is bad news. When a man who has honorably served is deemed a potential threat, it is sign that America has gone down the wrong road, and there is worse to come.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (12-15-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,397 Times in 4,844 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion, and it aint worth much, my sidearm would have come out as soon as he pulled the knife. Wifes sidearm would come out too, as she paced sideways to take a flanking position. Kids run home and call police.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),RubberDuck (04-27-2017),slewfoot (04-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    In my opinion, and it aint worth much, my sidearm would have come out as soon as he pulled the knife. Wifes sidearm would come out too, as she paced sideways to take a flanking position. Kids run home and call police.
    One thing that helps, I have a CCTV system up and know its sight-lines. So if that were to happen, I would make sure the incident were all recorded.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    The rude cop was not young, although all of the other cops there were young ( 25 at most)
    On sb , someone asked if he was " the big guy"
    - he was the big guy
    Dealing with cops in the past, I have found it hit or miss on whether they give vets crap.
    I worked for catholic charities and a homeless veterans program for a number of years, and have witnessed cops getting overly aggressive with veterans on more than one occasion.
    Seems some of them are just convinced that all vets are a threat and get " agitated easily"- or some bs
    Personally I haven't really experienced it, the only time I've ever had issues about being a veteran was when some dbag San Diego cop accused me of being a liar and said I was not a veteran and yelled at me about stolen valor until I showed the responding backup my VA card that says " service connected"
    Last edited by GMFuzy; 04-27-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GMFuzy For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),BucketBack (04-29-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Steve28 (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GMFuzy View Post
    I worked for catholic charities and a homeless veterans program for a number of years, and have witnessed cops getting overly aggressive with veterans on more than one occasion.
    Seems some of them are just convinced that all vets are a threat and get " agitated easily"- or some bs
    Personally I haven't really experienced it, the only time I've ever had issues about being a veteran was when some dbag San Diego cop accused me of being a liar and said I was not a veteran and yelled at me about stolen valor until I showed the responding backup my VA card that says " service connected"
    The "Rambo Phenomenon," maybe? Everyone has seen how veterans are perceived in Hollywood.

COFFEE!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

The "Rambo Phenomenon," maybe? Everyone has seen how veterans are perceived in Hollywood.
    Billy badass. I write, make and am the law. What you doing in my town boy!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,452 Times in 14,854 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Billy badass. I write, make and am the law. What you doing in my town boy!
    "BOY"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-29-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 626 Posts
    Get cc insurance and a permit to carry. Your going to need both with jackasses like that on your police force.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camel923 For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast