Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do when police refuse to help

Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    From my own experiences, I'm guessing the "Rude Cop," was young and/or new/inexperienced?

Especially if you have video of the altercation, to just be arresting you when it is a he said/he said situation . . .

On another note, I have ran into an increasing amount of LEO's who have a distaste for veterans in general.
    Whats up with that? Why would cops hate Veterans?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Whats up with that? Why would cops hate Veterans?
    My guess? Ego.

Veterans, generally, are not the type to be cowed by someone in a uniform. Just as another officer is not going to have the same reaction as a non-experienced citizen. Vets are also of the habit to deal with a problem (stand up to the thug breaking windows/into houses) versus running inside and calling 911 in a panicky voice.

I have never had an issue with the older/experienced officers, but it is seemingly becoming a trend with the new/young officers in the city departments. My interaction with them is next to never now and they have become more polite now that I have a CCTV system over the house.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    The rude cop was not young, although all of the other cops there were young ( 25 at most)
    On sb , someone asked if he was " the big guy"
    - he was the big guy
    Dealing with cops in the past, I have found it hit or miss on whether they give vets crap.
    I worked for catholic charities and a homeless veterans program for a number of years, and have witnessed cops getting overly aggressive with veterans on more than one occasion.
    Seems some of them are just convinced that all vets are a threat and get " agitated easily"- or some bs
    Personally I haven't really experienced it, the only time I've ever had issues about being a veteran was when some dbag San Diego cop accused me of being a liar and said I was not a veteran and yelled at me about stolen valor until I showed the responding backup my VA card that says " service connected"
    Last edited by GMFuzy; 04-27-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GMFuzy For This Useful Post:

Batou (04-27-2017),BucketBack (04-29-2017),Gambit (04-27-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Steve28 (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMFuzy View Post
    I worked for catholic charities and a homeless veterans program for a number of years, and have witnessed cops getting overly aggressive with veterans on more than one occasion.
    Seems some of them are just convinced that all vets are a threat and get " agitated easily"- or some bs
    Personally I haven't really experienced it, the only time I've ever had issues about being a veteran was when some dbag San Diego cop accused me of being a liar and said I was not a veteran and yelled at me about stolen valor until I showed the responding backup my VA card that says " service connected"
    The "Rambo Phenomenon," maybe? Everyone has seen how veterans are perceived in Hollywood.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    The "Rambo Phenomenon," maybe? Everyone has seen how veterans are perceived in Hollywood.
    Billy badass. I write, make and am the law. What you doing in my town boy!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),GMFuzy (04-27-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 626 Posts
    Get cc insurance and a permit to carry. Your going to need both with jackasses like that on your police force.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camel923 For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-27-2017),hawgrider (04-27-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),juskom95 (04-27-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Keep your guns holstered and inside, if you can; but if the moment comes when you must shoot, then shoot. Get a 1/2 gallon glass jug, and practice tossing it in your yard. Work on aiming it at a spot where you have a 2 liter plastic bottle, and try to knock it over. When you can do that, your aim is fine.

If the punk comes back, toss it in front of his wheel, and let him run over it. There is nothing about it, that can be solved with talk, so be prepared for action.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMFuzy View Post
    I originally posted this on sb, but it got deleted By an angry mod.

Still feel the need to share.

Last saturday afternoon my family and I were walking home from the park around the corner from our house. When a guy on a motorcycle races up our street ( very quiet historical park area) 35-40 mph cuts off a car a pops a wheelie in front of it almost not landing- swerving and coming very close to a 2 year old on a bike.
    So I yell " hey! Slow it down" and the biker pulls a u turn comes back towards me flips his visor up and throws his hands out and says
    " what are you gonna do about it buddy? - you think you're a cop faggot?"
    So I step into the street in front of his bike and say
    " dude there are kids out here you don't need to be poppin wheelies"
    Right then the guy driving the car he cut off ran up on me shoving me and yelling
    " you think you're an effin cop faggot?" I effin beat your faggot ass"
    I look to him a say
    " chill dude, Im just telling him to slow it down"
    The guy from the car says " who the eff are you? "
    I say " look man, my family live here and that's not crap you do around kids and a park"
    The biker says
    " I didn't even get 6 inches off the ground that shit isn't even dangerous faggot" you're gonna get beat faggot I'll effin kill you"

So I tell my wife to take the boys home and I walk them around the corner and take my phone out and photograph their plates, and dial 911, mean while they are yelling and threatening to kill me.
    So I head back home while on the phone with dispatch and the driver of the car follows me back down the alleyway back to my house.
    He pulls a sog auto assist knife and flicks it out and says " what now faggot"
    So I pull a little tiny Kiri dashi from my change pocket and Lunge at him telling him to back the eff up!

2 of my male neighbors came out then and the dude put the knife back in his pocket.
    My neighbors wife asked if I wanted her to call the cops and I said I was on the phone with them right then.
    Here's the crazy part
    Then the biker pulls up in the other dudes Volvo and gets out threatening me.
    So I tell my wife to grab the 12 gauge and I tell them they are under citizens arrest.
    My other neighbor came out and told the driver to back it up and he yells
    " thats my little bro, that faggot is effin dead."
    He then starts to pull his knife again but I pulled mine faster and he freaked and says
    " sorry you just ran up on my bro and and ... I told him not to be doin that trick shit"
    He then tells his brother to get back in the car and I say.
    " this is your last chance get in the car and get the eff out of here fool"
    ..... So they drive away.
    I will post the second part now.
    First you get confrontational with two folks you know nothing about with your wife and kids watching on the side lines.

Second you decide to get up in the two of their faces on an issue that is a police function.

Third from all of the F bombs being thrown around none of the participants were acting like rational adults. Looks more like each shoving his weight around.

Fourth he supposedly removed a knife from his pocket, so you drew yours and lunged at him with your's. You don't say he mde any threatening gestures other than talking about kicking your azz around the corner.

Fifth you really decide to take the law into your hands with "a citizens arrest" and drag your wife into the fray by telling her to get the 12 gage.

If after listening to your tirade (instead of just reading it ) and hearing that you lunged at the dude with your knife, I think the cop should have hooked you up for ADW - Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

Don't let the others on this forum convince you that you were 100% in the right. If I were you, I'd go on back to the VA and have them review my PTSD meds and see if they can't help you with your "problem"

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarge7402 For This Useful Post:

mhans (12-13-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),Unclefred (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,020 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Billy badass. I write, make and am the law. What you doing in my town boy!
    "BOY"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-29-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,020 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-29-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast