Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do when police refuse to help

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge7402 View Post
    First you get confrontational with two folks you know nothing about with your wife and kids watching on the side lines.

Second you decide to get up in the two of their faces on an issue that is a police function.

Third from all of the F bombs being thrown around none of the participants were acting like rational adults. Looks more like each shoving his weight around.

Fourth he supposedly removed a knife from his pocket, so you drew yours and lunged at him with your's. You don't say he mde any threatening gestures other than talking about kicking your azz around the corner.

Fifth you really decide to take the law into your hands with "a citizens arrest" and drag your wife into the fray by telling her to get the 12 gage.

If after listening to your tirade (instead of just reading it ) and hearing that you lunged at the dude with your knife, I think the cop should have hooked you up for ADW - Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

Don't let the others on this forum convince you that you were 100% in the right. If I were you, I'd go on back to the VA and have them review my PTSD meds and see if they can't help you with your "problem"
    Spoken just like a typical cop with self-esteem issues.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

dudeman (05-01-2017),GMFuzy (04-29-2017),hawgrider (04-29-2017),juskom95 (05-01-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox Unclefred's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,186 Posts
    First you get confrontational with two folks you know nothing about with your wife and kids watching on the side lines.

Second you decide to get up in the two of their faces on an issue that is a police function.

Third from all of the F bombs being thrown around none of the participants were acting like rational adults. Looks more like each shoving his weight around.

Fourth he supposedly removed a knife from his pocket, so you drew yours and lunged at him with your's. You don't say he mde any threatening gestures other than talking about kicking your azz around the corner.

Fifth you really decide to take the law into your hands with "a citizens arrest" and drag your wife into the fray by telling her to get the 12 gage.

If after listening to your tirade (instead of just reading it ) and hearing that you lunged at the dude with your knife, I think the cop should have hooked you up for ADW - Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

Don't let the others on this forum convince you that you were 100% in the right. If I were you, I'd go on back to the VA and have them review my PTSD meds and see if they can't help you with your "problem"
    I'm with you Sarge. He called the cops, not the other guys. How is it a cop problem? It's a guy with a chip on his shoulder that thought he was tough but he wasn't tough enough. Yeah, that's what I said.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclefred For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

Wow seems you didn't read the post and jumped to conclusions like the jackass cop in the story.
    Btw, I think "YOU" should get your meds checked- because if they mess you up to the point where you are not willing to defend your own family then you are rather useless.
    These guys came at me in the street, then followed me home with a knife.
    And the responding officers agreed I was completely within my rights pulling my knife.
    Last edited by GMFuzy; 04-29-2017 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GMFuzy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-29-2017)

Cops are nothing more than ticket and report writers. They cannot stop or prevent a attack by punks and thugs.

Damn near every cop I have known and I have known and still work around many have a higher than though attitude. Only a handful I've known have not let that tin star go to their heads.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

dudeman (05-01-2017),Innkeeper (08-02-2017),juskom95 (05-01-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017),Sparkyprep (04-30-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,318 Times in 6,025 Posts
    My 2 cents & a fact --

On the side of any cop car in the country --

"To serve and protect"

It is & always was --- "a lie" --

Unless theres a specified court order -- related to a court appearance -- they "DON'T PROTECT" --

And the only thing they serve is warrants --

The end --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

dudeman (05-01-2017),hawgrider (04-29-2017),Sparkyprep (04-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
    My 2 cents & a fact --

On the side of any cop car in the country --

"To serve and protect"

It is & always was --- "a lie" --

Unless theres a specified court order -- related to a court appearance -- they "DON'T PROTECT" --

And the only thing they serve is warrants --

The end --
    Thread over you win!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

GMFuzy (04-30-2017),Ricekila (04-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMFuzy View Post
    Wow seems you didn't read the post and jumped to conclusions like the jackass cop in the story.
    Btw, I think "YOU" should get your meds checked- because if they mess you up to the point where you are not willing to defend your own family then you are rather useless.
    These guys came at me in the street, then followed me home with a knife.
    And the responding officers agreed I was completely within my rights pulling my knife.
    A. I did read your complete post and waited quite a while before writing.

B. As for defending your family, it does not seem that you cared much for them as you did not get them to safety before you began your confrontation of them

C. Unless you failed to fully describe the incident where spunky number 1 pulled a knife out, any cop and reasonable person would see that you pulling yours and lunging towards spunky number 1 is the act of an aggressor and it's your rear end that belongs behind bars.

With regards to the motto preserve and protect, their job is not to protect you - individually - but the community as a whole by taking folks that have committed crimes off the street.

Just because someone belongs to MS-13 doesn't mean that he should be locked up and the key thrown away. He's actually got to do something wrong before an arrest can be made.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarge7402 For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (05-01-2017),Unclefred (04-29-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox Unclefred's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,186 Posts

B. As for defending your family, it does not seem that you cared much for them as you did not get them to safety before you began your confrontation of them

C. Unless you failed to fully describe the incident where spunky number 1 pulled a knife out, any cop and reasonable person would see that you pulling yours and lunging towards spunky number 1 is the act of an aggressor and it's your rear end that belongs behind bars.

With regards to the motto preserve and protect, their job is not to protect you - individually - but the community as a whole by taking folks that have committed crimes off the street.

Just because someone belongs to MS-13 doesn't mean that he should be locked up and the key thrown away. He's actually got to do something wrong before an arrest can be made.
    I think fuzzy needs to grow some on his nuts. You are right afaiac, he was the aggressor as you noted, not concerned about his kids, but in being a loud mouth confronter who acted aggressively with his knife, in front of his kids. Dipshit.

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

And... Again sarge you are hallucinating and making up some crazy dialogue.
    Did you read my post?

Experimental User

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclefred View Post
    I think fuzzy needs to grow some on his nuts. You are right afaiac, he was the aggressor as you noted, not concerned about his kids, but in being a loud mouth confronter who acted aggressively with his knife, in front of his kids. Dipshit.
    To " clarify"
    Read the post

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast