Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Clueless Delusional 'Preppers'

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,498 Times in 5,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I WILL survive! Tin foil hat and all.

Cute. Make sure you have your own spaceship, lol

FLIGHT OR FIGHT: Travelers throw punches in 'near riot' at delay-plagued JFK Airport

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3741443

" Passenger Jeremy Silver described the late-night madness at gate B23 as a “near riot” when travelers learned of their canceled XL Airways flight. 'It seems as if some punches were thrown as people jostled,' Silver said. 'The crowd went nuts booing and shouting.' Silver boarded a bus with fellow Virgin flyers bound for London, leaving behind the stranded XL passengers...."

“I checked the board and it said it was going to be delayed, and then it was just canceled,” Watson, 38, said. “No one told us anything. There was so much chaos. There were probably tens of thousands of people. It was like I was in a basketball arena."

“We are sharing a gate with another airline, and they have just cancelled their flight, causing the disturbance and the police being called,” the airline tweeted just after midnight.”
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-08-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    I get that not everyone can move out of population centers. What I don't get is why they think they'll survive with, you know, a little food & guns on hand. Delusional. Clueless.
    I'll play this game!

This can be looked at several ways and requires one to look at the entire situation.

1 - An EMP would not, be a complete and total coverage of the US. That means that any form of EMP or electronic failure would be regional, similar to massive tornadoes, hurricanes, mudslides or forest fires.

2 - During a regional disaster, while law enforcement and emergency services are overwhelmed, it is not typically permanent.

3 - This means that supplies and plans would not need to be for a lifetime, but would need to be for the foreseeable future. Maybe six months to a year, during that time foods & water would be a concern, but so would be the mass of panicky and unpredictable people.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Occasionally Replies Back

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Close family consists my 2 daughter's and their husband's and children. After that...

All surviving trespassers will be shot again!

No handouts period... all that will do is cause a chain reaction with no good to come of it.
    Interesting, does this include women and children?

I agree with you in total but my experience is it never works out that way.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toefoot For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (01-08-2018),MountainGirl (01-08-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    A few years ago,I got bit by the "prepper bug". Starting planning, stocking up, looking for better locaztions,etc.,especially with Barry in office.
    Personally, after living through Katrina and dealing with that, my priorities and goals changed somewhat. I'm not a HARDCORE PREPPER but I do prepare for the typical weather in the region I'm living.

It has paid off more than once here in KY, when we got the heavy snow and stores were empty (due to truck routes being blocked and panicked people). About the only thing we ran short on was fresh milk.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Occasionally Replies Back

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Our family plans knowing no guarantee. We also enjoy life and our pleasures. My hats off to all the self sustaining hermits.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toefoot For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (01-08-2018),juskom95 (01-08-2018),MountainGirl (01-08-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I never give details of my personal life to people I do business with.
    Same rule I have, and its a good one.

My point is, folks that live in mass population centers generally do not cultivate the skills to get by in a bad situation; folks in the country can generally do a little bit of everything, even if they cannot do it exceptionally well. Which would you rather have as neighbors SHTF?
    I think some of that is region dependent, and depends on the city too. Sure the massive (1,000,000+) cities will have those, but I think the smaller cities will have those who are more skilled, or at the very least have the proper mindset (which matters).

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Rise to where and to what? Large group, or individual efforts, to magically conjure food?
    You're assuming a magical and mystical SHTF END OF THE WORLD APOCALYPSE without definition or terms. You're assuming that every single person and city center will be irradiated or hit by an EMP.

For that to happen would require a complete and total nuclear conflagration which would decimate the world, and something which I'm not sure is even statistically possible with the Earth's current nuclear armament.

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    I'll play this game!

This can be looked at several ways and requires one to look at the entire situation.

1 - An EMP would not, be a complete and total coverage of the US. That means that any form of EMP or electronic failure would be regional, similar to massive tornadoes, hurricanes, mudslides or forest fires.

2 - During a regional disaster, while law enforcement and emergency services are overwhelmed, it is not typically permanent.

3 - This means that supplies and plans would not need to be for a lifetime, but would need to be for the foreseeable future. Maybe six months to a year, during that time foods & water would be a concern, but so would be the mass of panicky and unpredictable people.
    Sure, this will be a fun game!

Need to set some parameters first... Assuming you meant an EMP attack (rather than a CME solar emission) -
    1)Was it launched from NK, from a vessel off the US coast, or from within the US borders?
    2)Will your scenario assume a full-scale counter-attack - confidently eliminating the threat of a second EMP elsewhere?

Pick a target. How about LA or Seattle?
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    You're assuming a magical and mystical SHTF END OF THE WORLD APOCALYPSE without definition or terms. You're assuming that every single person and city center will be irradiated or hit by an EMP.

For that to happen would require a complete and total nuclear conflagration which would decimate the world, and something which I'm not sure is even statistically possible with the Earth's current nuclear armament.
    No I'm not. Let's play the game.

Edit: Hey - we need a separate thread for this. Can you move these starting posts over into a WAR GAMES one?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
    Interesting, does this include women and children?
    Now that's the tough call, isn't it?

Do you take in a child, knowing it means taking in the parents?

Do you shoot the parent because they're a threat to you, knowing that will leave the child helpless?

Unfortunately in any sort of SHTF situation, the ones who can make the cold and hard decisions will do better. I know there were good and bad in Katrina. People pulling guns on others over a few gallons of gas, while others "stole," military trailers to provide water to those outside the base. People are good and bad, what really defines someone is how they react. Though panic can make an ordinarily good person do some bad things.

COFFEE!

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast