Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Clueless Delusional 'Preppers'

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    No I'm not. Let's play the game.
    That is exactly what you are assuming. We have two scenarios.

A-Worldwide EMP. This would entail massive nuclear detonations on an unprecedented scale.

B-Regional EMP. This would be very similar to other disasters which killed power and electronic devices. Look towards any hurricane or tornado for an easy comparison.

So . . . which one is it?
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,489 Times in 5,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    That is exactly what you are assuming. We have two scenarios.

A-Worldwide EMP. This would entail massive nuclear detonations on an unprecedented scale.

B-Regional EMP. This would be very similar to other disasters which killed power and electronic devices. Look towards any hurricane or tornado for an easy comparison.

So . . . which one is it?
    If you haven't already, please see post #59 this thread. Tks!
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    If you haven't already, please see post #59 this thread. Tks!
    You can create a new thread (I'm not sure if we can move individual posts).

Was there something lost in your OP or subsequent posts? I got the impression that you were focusing on an EMP attack and the delusional preparation of those in urban areas? Was that wrong?
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,489 Times in 5,157 Posts

Was there something lost in your OP or subsequent posts? I got the impression that you were focusing on an EMP attack and the delusional preparation of those in urban areas? Was that wrong?
    Your impression is partially wrong. My focus has been on preppers, who live in the middle of large populations, failing to consider the 'unpreparable danger' of the potential mind-set of the masses - when the calamity that befalls them is man-made vs a natural disaster. My posts have fleshed that out; others' posts in the thread explain why my idea is valid much better than I do: OSFG for one, Inor for another.

If you dont wan't to explore a specific scenario, as suggested in post #58, that's fine.

Not sure how I could explain my OP position more clearly.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-08-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (01-08-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Same rule I have, and its a good one.

I think some of that is region dependent, and depends on the city too. Sure the massive (1,000,000+) cities will have those, but I think the smaller cities will have those who are more skilled, or at the very least have the proper mindset (which matters).

Your impression is partially wrong. My focus has been on preppers, who live in the middle of large populations, failing to consider the 'unpreparable danger' of the potential mind-set of the masses - when the calamity that befalls them is man-made vs a natural disaster. My posts have fleshed that out; others' posts in the thread explain why my idea is valid much better than I do: OSFG for one, Inor for another.

If you dont wan't to explore a specific scenario, as suggested in post #58, that's fine.

Not sure how I could explain my OP position more clearly.

It must be noted that different regions of the US have different skills and mindsets. I believe MG's original size designation for a town/city that would be in dire straights was a 100,000 population. In my rural Texas neck of the woods, a town that size would have just as many can dos as can't dos.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (01-08-2018)

We can move individual posts.... what did I miss? Do we have some kind of a issue?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Your impression is partially wrong. My focus has been on preppers, who live in the middle of large populations, failing to consider the 'unpreparable danger' of the potential mind-set of the masses - when the calamity that befalls them is man-made vs a natural disaster.
    I have personal, first hand experience with that. That is why I brought up the regional disaster. We, as a society, have seen this multiple times and usually at least once a year. The wildfires in CA, hurricane Harvey and hurricane Irma.

Sure there are indeed delusional preppers, those with the "Raider," mentality; there have always been those types and unfortunately always will be. We didn't really 'see,' too much mass rioting or looting during those events, no "Mad Max," style roving bands slaughtering and raping their way through the masses.

One point you did make was sustainability, but the reality is that unless you have a world-wide catastrophic event, that is not generally going to be an issue. Someone might have to prepare to last for one or two years, but with regional disasters there is always 'stable society,' outside of the affected area.

I've read over all of your posts, but I'm getting the impression you're going the "Anyone who isn't %100 sustainable off-grid is going to DIE!!!!!" route I've read and heard so often.

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    It must be noted that different regions of the US have different skills and mindsets. I believe MG's original size designation for a town/city that would be in dire straights was a 100,000 population. In my rural Texas neck of the woods, a town that size would have just as many can dos as can't dos.
    That is what I've noticed. Where I grew up (population of around 1.5 million) most would have trouble lighting a grill without the electronic start. Where I live now (around 250k) there are some like that, but most have some realistic understanding of "Soft Camping," skills.

COFFEE!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (01-08-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    We can move individual posts.... what did I miss? Do we have some kind of a issue?

COFFEE!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
    Interesting, does this include women and children?

I agree with you in total but my experience is it never works out that way.
    Yes this includes anyone or anything that turns out to be a threat. I currently am 45 to 50 minutes from Detoilet So a 12 year old hood rat could be toting a roscoe and so could his crack whore mommy.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (01-08-2018),RubberDuck (01-08-2018),Toefoot (01-09-2018)

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast