Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Site has been slow to load ?

Quote Originally Posted by MoreAmmoOK View Post
    Sorry about the typo it must be 157.240.*.* to exclude all IP's beginning with 157.240
    Looks like FB owns all IP's that begin with 157.240.
    Got it done.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Got it done.
    Could be that the bot is not coming from FB IP space, just has a name that makes it look like FB. If that's the case hopefully HOST support can provide the IP so you can block it. The rabbit hole can get deep.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-29-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,698 Times in 2,304 Posts
    I haven't read much of the posts here but let me just talk a bit, I've never banned a group of IP's just one at a time in V-Bulletin under " Other Banning Options "

What I've done when we had issues is go to '' Who's On Line " and look at the Guests, to the far right you can see their IP's, see if there multiple Guests with the same IP Address, copy paste.

Go into V-Bulletin and run that IP in the IP search area and pick #2, it'll show just how many accounts are under that IP, if a lot or just more than two ban it unless you know them, I've seen 20 plus accounts under one IP before, many are from foreign countries, we have over 94,000 members so it's is very time consuming.

The only way to catch these are when they're On here and the IP shows up, at least that's the only way I know how unless you look at each member that has joined and look at their IP.

Edit: I just looked at all the members and nothing stood out, just check the Guests when you can, we had a huge slow down a couple months ago, our support was no help, G22 went in and shut something off ( I'm not a software guy ) but had to turn it back on a couple days later and it helped.

Good Luck.
    dramey82

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Ken For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-29-2024)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Could be that blocking such a large number of IP's has caused the current slowdown.
    Hawg, remove the IP block and see if things improve. Contact HOST support and see it there are other bots.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-29-2024)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Hawg, get rid of the IP block and contact support and see if they can try this:

block the facebookexternalhit BOT in .htaccess with this:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^facebookexternalhit/1\.1 [NC]
    RewriteRule ^ – [F,L]

This will block FB traffic. There has been a problem for the past few days on multiple websites with FB bots. FB bots tend to ignore the "robots.txt" file. No one knows yet if FB is aware of this proble.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-29-2024)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^ – [F,L]

This will block FB traffic. There has been a problem for the past few days on multiple websites with FB bots. FB bots tend to ignore the "robots.txt" file. No one knows yet if FB is aware of this proble.

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^ – [F,L]

Contacted the host with the suggestion so we wait and see.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ken View Post
    I haven't read much of the posts here but let me just talk a bit, I've never banned a group of IP's just one at a time in V-Bulletin under " Other Banning Options "

What I've done when we had issues is go to '' Who's On Line " and look at the Guests, to the far right you can see their IP's, see if there multiple Guests with the same IP Address, copy paste.

Go into V-Bulletin and run that IP in the IP search area and pick #2, it'll show just how many accounts are under that IP, if a lot or just more than two ban it unless you know them, I've seen 20 plus accounts under one IP before, many are from foreign countries, we have over 94,000 members so it's is very time consuming.

The only way to catch these are when they're On here and the IP shows up, at least that's the only way I know how unless you look at each member that has joined and look at their IP.

Edit: I just looked at all the members and nothing stood out, just check the Guests when you can, we had a huge slow down a couple months ago, our support was no help, G22 went in and shut something off ( I'm not a software guy ) but had to turn it back on a couple days later and it helped.

Good Luck.
    Yeah MGO was getting slammed. Pretty much same thing happening here now.

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^ – [F,L]

Looks like the host is going to do this. The ticket says in progress.

MoreAmmoOK the rule has been added by the host.

Let me know you guys if this helped.

Running smooth for me at the moment.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (Yesterday)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast