Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Site has been slow to load ?

Yeah hawg the site is running sweet now yeah fuck off!

Special thanks to MoreAmmoOK for actually figuring this shit hole problem out. Thank you MoreAmmoOK.
    Also thanks Big Ken for throwing you 2 cents in and the rest can go fuck yourselves... yeah Im alittle fucking pissed after 4 days of fighting the dumb ass host and dealing with whiney bitchey mother fuckers!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (06-30-2024)

I really never had issues with the speed of the site. When some of the other members were talking about it being slow, and I didn't experience it, made me wonder if somehow it was only slow at certian times or maybe depending on where we logged in from, or our own ISP providers? But I don't really understand this game a whole lot...

But thanks for taking care of things.
    Politicians can kiss my ass!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T-Man 1066 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-30-2024),Inor (06-30-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post
    I really never had issues with the speed of the site. When some of the other members were talking about it being slow, and I didn't experience it, made me wonder if somehow it was only slow at certian times or maybe depending on where we logged in from, or our own ISP providers? But I don't really understand this game a whole lot...

Yeah it was very intermittent. And annoying as fuck!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (06-30-2024),T-Man 1066 (06-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 50,901 Times in 14,439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post

Special thanks to MoreAmmoOK for actually figuring this shit hole problem out. Thank you MoreAmmoOK.
    Also thanks Big Ken for throwing you 2 cents in and the rest can go fuck yourselves... yeah Im alittle fucking pissed after 4 days of fighting the dumb ass host and dealing with whiney bitchey mother fuckers!
    Thanx Hawg and MoreAmmoOK!

Sincerely,

a whiney bitchy motherfucker.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (Yesterday),hawgrider (Yesterday),Prepared One (Yesterday),SOCOM42 (06-30-2024),T-Man 1066 (06-30-2024)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post

I'm glad I could help, you're very welcome. I feel your pain Hawg. For many years I dealt with working with Corp. networking. I knew what needed to be done but didn't have the access necessary to do it. Had to go through the levels of support to get to someone that had a clue as to what I was talking about. I would finally get to someone and they'd say, "Yeah, you're right", and do what I needed done. Sometimes it would take days and many phone calls and emails. I usually knew the name of someone that could do what I needed done but they couldn't do anything without a "ticket". Creating a ticket meant dealing with low-level lackeys that didn't know what they were doing but wanted to fix it their way even though they were clueless as to what needed to be done. Sometimes it would take weeks to get a very simple but high-level change made.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

T-Man 1066 (06-30-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,583 Times in 10,567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post

I never had an issue. I've been busy as hell with work, mid-summer round up and other stuff. So my time here has been off-and-on for the last few weeks.

Thanks Hawg for handling it!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (Yesterday)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,554 Times in 4,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hawg, I was never having any problems with the site, but thanks for you and moreammo for what you did.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (Yesterday)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 970 Posts
    sorry I didn't notice your new haircut..........
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jester-ND For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (Yesterday),Prepared One (Yesterday)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreAmmoOK View Post
    I'm glad I could help, you're very welcome. I feel your pain Hawg. For many years I dealt with working with Corp. networking. I knew what needed to be done but didn't have the access necessary to do it. Had to go through the levels of support to get to someone that had a clue as to what I was talking about. I would finally get to someone and they'd say, "Yeah, you're right", and do what I needed done. Sometimes it would take days and many phone calls and emails. I usually knew the name of someone that could do what I needed done but they couldn't do anything without a "ticket". Creating a ticket meant dealing with low-level lackeys that didn't know what they were doing but wanted to fix it their way even though they were clueless as to what needed to be done. Sometimes it would take weeks to get a very simple but high-level change made.

Can definitely relate to that story. Throw in a heavy dose of outsourced support, vendors, internal fiefdom wars, and near constant mergers - living the dream (or more accurately the nightmare).

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 428 Posts
    I don't even want to think about vendors and mergers.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567