Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered a new knife...

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,143 Times in 2,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StratBastard View Post
    San Diego federal judge rules Fuckifornia’s switchblade ban is lawful.
    Fixed it.

" Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent. " Adam Smith

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Die With Memories Not Dreams

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big Ken For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (10-10-2024),Innkeeper (10-08-2024),Michael_Js (08-27-2024),shootbrownelk (08-28-2024),StratBastard (08-27-2024)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,522 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StratBastard View Post
    San Diego federal judge rules California’s switchblade ban is lawful.

A San Diego federal judge has ruled that California’s ban on knives that automatically open is lawful, and that the weapons more commonly known as switchblades are not protected by the Second Amendment because they’re dangerous, unusual and not commonly used for self-defense.

Doug Ritter, the CEO and founder of Knife Rights, an Arizona-based organization that’s the lead plaintiff in the case, called Simmons’ ruling “ludicrous and irrational” and promised to appeal the decision to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
    “To conclude that a knife is not an ‘arm’ under the Second Amendment is a little crazy,” Ritter told the Union-Tribune on Monday, arguing the judge used unprecedented and flawed legal reasoning in his decision. “It’s hard to make the argument that a switchblade, which is typically a pocket knife, is more dangerous than a dagger, machete or bowie knife — all of which are perfectly legal (to open carry) in California.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sa...c705f742&ei=34

Attachment 32073
    I don't know if I would call a switch blade uncommon in use. I was issued my Benchmade switchblade in Iraq in 2005 when I started running convoys, so if something happens to the vehicle you can still cut your way out of your harness even if you only have one hand available. And that also made it a good weapon for self defense incase something happened to one arm.
    Last edited by Innkeeper; 10-08-2024 at 02:28 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

"I'm a Mandalorian, weapons are part of my religion."
    Din Djarin

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (10-10-2024),Mad Trapper (10-08-2024),StratBastard (10-08-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 55,369 Times in 15,669 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    I don't know if I would call a switch blade uncommon in use. I was issued my Benchmade switchblade in Iraq in 2005 when I started running convoys, so if something happens to the vehicle you can still cut your way out of your harness even if you only have one hand available. And that also made it a good weapon for self defense incase something happened to one arm.
    The entire 1958 Switchblade Act was a joke, and was just politicians posturing for votes. They were taking advantage of recent films like "Rebel without a Cause" to convince people something had to be done to protect them. It allowed for one-armed men to have them... without taking into account, as you pointed out, the many scenarios where anyone might be limited to one arm. When I had a switchblade knife in production in the 90's, we sold to mostly military and law enforcement... which allowed us to ship across state lines. We required a photocopy of official ID, and kept them filed. The Feds hated it, and often stopped by our tables at shows to grouse and threaten. Always had to read the law to them. Pretty much figure I've been on their list since then LOL, as they all stopped by.... BATF, Treasury Dept., Customs, and FBI. Funny thing, some of the very first switchblades manufactured in the USA were for sewing kits LOL. Those old ladies needed to be stopped.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (10-10-2024),Innkeeper (10-08-2024),Inor (10-08-2024),Michael_Js (10-09-2024),Slippy (10-08-2024)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 695 Posts
    Mighty snazzy. Good snag!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123