Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Garden 2024

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 35,530 Times in 10,748 Posts
    We are possibly going to get our first frost tonight, so we picked apples today. This is the first year we have had enough apples to do anything with. (I think the trees are 4 years old? Or is it 5?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20241018_194233.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	33088

Regardless, we finally have enough that Mrs Inor can make some applesauce from them! I am pretty pleased with the haul since we only have 2 small apple trees.

We got the pears in about a month ago. We got 5 big grocery bags full from 2 pear trees. I let the almonds go this year as we did not have many due to some bad winds in early summer. The cherry and apricot trees have not yet started to give us fruit, maybe next year? The olives will be at least 5 more years before they start.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Michael_Js (10-19-2024),MountainGirl (10-19-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,048 Times in 1,130 Posts
    We have already had several frosts, but no freeze yet. I’m going to knock down the last few apples for the deer to eat. Gardens are done and cleaned out except for actually digging out the potatoes. I’m saving that job for another few weeks till things get much colder as I don’t have a root cellar and I’m waiting until the garage gets cold. I’m getting another trailer load of mushroom compost today to continue topping off the raised beds completely full. Yesterday I took 2 buckets of very old fertilizer and spread it on the grass. I bought a fresh bag to have on hand for next spring. The old stuff had attracted a lot of water and turned into a moldy mess, NASTY!
    My winter prep list is getting shorter. I’m thinking one more grass mowing and that chore will be done for the year, too.
    The world needs assholes too

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chiefster23 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-19-2024),Inor (10-19-2024),Michael_Js (10-19-2024),MountainGirl (10-19-2024),Slippy (10-19-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 27,019 Times in 7,499 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    We have already had several frosts, but no freeze yet. I’m going to knock down the last few apples for the deer to eat. Gardens are done and cleaned out except for actually digging out the potatoes. I’m saving that job for another few weeks till things get much colder as I don’t have a root cellar and I’m waiting until the garage gets cold. I’m getting another trailer load of mushroom compost today to continue topping off the raised beds completely full. Yesterday I took 2 buckets of very old fertilizer and spread it on the grass. I bought a fresh bag to have on hand for next spring. The old stuff had attracted a lot of water and turned into a moldy mess, NASTY!
    My winter prep list is getting shorter. I’m thinking one more grass mowing and that chore will be done for the year, too.
    I love Autumn!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Chiefster23 (10-19-2024),Inor (10-19-2024),MountainGirl (10-19-2024)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516