Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you see the Apocalypse happening?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,497 Times in 4,867 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The loss of the US due to its own ineptitude is not the apocalypse. Regimes fall every day. America is not immune to the textbook, systematic, self-destruction that human nature causes time and time again. The "apocalypse" will occur when our sun starts running out of fuel, goes red giant, and envelopes our planet. Probably in about, 1billion years. There is no prepping for that.

The US will fall, eventually. I don't know when. But, you can prep for that. I think OSFG hit the nail on the head. When the freebies run out, the US will burn. When the EBT cards run dry, the fragile illusion of civilized society will vaporize, and you had better be ready. But, it is not the apocalypse. It will just be another chapter in the history books.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    What I want to know is what are all these "Smart Phone" addicts going to do with themselves when the EMP shuts down the grid?
    Just yesterday I watched a young couple sitting at a small table having lunch, oblivious to things around them or each other for that matter.Texting on their phones. The male actually seemed annoyed that the waitress asked to take their order. The lady he was with was a very pretty girl....why wasn't he talking to her? This younger generation is really too dependent on electronic toys.
    It will actually tickle me when that happens. I'm going to laugh at them as they implode on themselves.
    If I don't answer the phone, it's probably because I'm in the Senate, taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress..

Oh, and according to the dipsh** from Atlanta, I'm one of those Pansy A** Texans.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Txwheels For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (08-03-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I think it will start with economic collapse, then fighting over the few goods that are left, leading to open fighting.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 1,229 Posts
    It is sad, because it will be an us's against the them's (read those on the dole). Honestly think it may all come to a head the day after election day 2016. Say the conservatives take both houses and the Pres. it would take very little for the little man to step up to the mike and declare the election null and void cause he says so.

that would definitely upset the apple cart big time

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I see it happening very FAST, NASTY, and DEADLY!!!!!
    Semper Fidelis - Saepius Exertus - Frater Infinitas

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge7402 View Post
    It is sad, because it will be an us's against the them's (read those on the dole). Honestly think it may all come to a head the day after election day 2016. Say the conservatives take both houses and the Pres. it would take very little for the little man to step up to the mike and declare the election null and void cause he says so.

that would definitely upset the apple cart big time
    I would not want to be on that little mans Secret Service detail if he were to attempt that.... in fact that would be the best thing he could do to get American citizens into action to take back our country.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    Those "private" airlines are carrying mail and the "private" airline is provided its destinations and routes by the US government via the FAA.
    Those "private" airlines operate with public access and just like stores they cannot legally search you without a warrant or by permission.
    You can freely give your permission to be searched but if you insist upon a warrant then they either get a warrant (which would be unlikely because there is no probable cause) or they can legally allow you to pass. Unless you break the law they have no power to prevent you from traveling a "postal route" peacefully and lawfully.

I agree - this was implemented over a period of time and began by checking carry-on luggage with X-ray machines. The TSA was first used in 2002?? to screen people through metal detectors. If it beeped then they used a wand to clear you. It progressed from that to the full body search that they do now - even though they have never prevented a terrorist from getting on a plane.
    People have been convinced that it is OK to search them in the name of safety when it is no safer today to fly than it was in 1950.
    Paul we will just have to disagree on this. They are still privately owned businesses and even though they are regulated by the Government it still does not prevent them from ensuring that all the others on board are safe. I won't argue that they are doing it well, but as a frequent traveler I think it is correct to do this. To my club reference, they are selling alcohol on a Government issued liquor license and operating under City, State and Federal mandates and restrictions...its still a privately owned business. How many sporting events or concerts have you been too were they search you? Nearly all of them...this is not an infringement on our rights...it is the price of admission..You do not have an inalienable right to fly on their AC. We just look at it differently.

and the advent of TSA does not mark the start of security screening:
    In 1972, the FAA began its canine program after several incidents where bombs downed passenger airplanes. In December of that year, the FAA required all passengers to be inspected by armed guards or screened by metal detectors. And considering the number of attempts versus successes it has had an effects:
    1930's 1 bombing
    1940's 0 bombings 0 Hijacking (HJ)
    1950's 3 bombing/0 HJ
    1960's 4 bombing/5 HJ
    1970's 2 bombing/16 HJ
    1980's 1 bombing/2 HJ
    1990's 0 bombing/1 HJ attempt
    2000's 0 bombings/3 HJ (9-1-1)
    2010's 0 bombings/ 0 HJ

These are stats for US departing flights not foreign flights coming in screened elsewhere.

As you can see there were 31 events over a 50 year period up until screening began

Since then 6 events in the last 45 years even though Air traffic has increased by several orders of magnitude.

Sir, TSA may suck at places and times...but over all, considering how many people are trying to harm us....its gotten better.
    Last edited by OSFG; 08-03-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,704 Times in 14,944 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    *"For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night."

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"
    And there you have an Apocalypse,knowledge has been revealed

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    And there you have an Apocalypse,knowledge has been revealed
    Nothin new right? Its age old. I realize you may be in denial but the ending has been written a long long time.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,704 Times in 14,944 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Nothin new right? Its age old. I realize you may be in denial but the ending has been written a long long time.
    I was noting the definition of Apocalypse is the revealing ,for those that know not.
    I am very aware young man that the book was written to show history in advance, so the gentiles would see that The Eternal is GOD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast