Thread: Tractor!

Hybrid View

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,022 Posts
    I understand that def fluid is just detergent and water, that's redicluous.
    I cant spell.
    I have want of a tractor, but I really cant afford one right now.
    I have a plan though..
    I have five good riding mowers, 3 run great, 2 need work, I will pretty them up. I have two go carts that never really got the kids interest, they and four of the mowers will go towards a good trade of a tractor. No brush hog needed, needed just a front bucket and drag blade...
    Caviar dreams and redneck ingenuity, I may build a little scraper plow for the front of the best mower.
    You will never be forgotten. RIP Corporal Bradley Coy (USMC)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020),Slippy (01-09-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,396 Times in 4,844 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I cant spell.
    I have a plan though..
    I have five good riding mowers, 3 run great, 2 need work, I will pretty them up. I have two go carts that never really got the kids interest, they and four of the mowers will go towards a good trade of a tractor. No brush hog needed, needed just a front bucket and drag blade...
    Caviar dreams and redneck ingenuity, I may build a little scraper plow for the front of the best mower.
    DEF is urea. It is cow piss.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-09-2020),Slippy (01-09-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,474 Times in 7,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I cant spell.
    I have a plan though..
    Deebs,

If you are looking to build some sort of drag scraper to keep dirt or gravel roads smooth take a 4'x4' piece of an old chain link fence and two 2"x6"x4' long treated lumber and attach the chain link fencing to the 2x6's, one at each end of the 4'x4' piece of chain link. Then take a length of chain and connect it to two ends of the leading 2x6 so you can attach it to your lawn tractor.

Its the same concept as the drag chain that they use at baseball fields to smooth out the infield.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020),Sparkyprep (01-09-2020)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Deebs,

If you are looking to build some sort of drag scraper to keep dirt or gravel roads smooth take a 4'x4' piece of an old chain link fence and two 2"x6"x4' long treated lumber and attach the chain link fencing to the 2x6's, one at each end of the 4'x4' piece of chain link. Then take a length of chain and connect it to two ends of the leading 2x6 so you can attach it to your lawn tractor.

Its the same concept as the drag chain that they use at baseball fields to smooth out the infield.
    Ha, i have one of similar design, a yard drag, made of steel pipe, truck chains and i beam. i plan on spending a few hours rewilding and reconnecting some cables. my main issue is "keeping it straight" behind the pulling machine?
    When i use the truck, or mower, the hitch is the attachment, so the chain is formed in a 90 degree angle, well it turns a little and then doesn't level for crap. i am sure i will figure it out.
    the front end blade is mainly because the JACKASS that dug mu irrigation ditch left huge clumps of dirt everywhere, and weeds grew around them.
    Don't wanna jack Inors thread, but beiong a homeowner in the country is awesome and terrible.
    You will never be forgotten. RIP Corporal Bradley Coy (USMC)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020),Slippy (01-09-2020)