Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My Top 10 Favorite Survival Knives of All Time

You are certainly welcome to play dress up and live under a tarp shelter on the weekends and discuss it here but if your looking for another Survival boards forum where you and your darkside buddys used to wreak havoc then you found the wrong place here.

Don't try to play me with the all holier than thou skit. I am fully aware of your non adult like behavior on other forums.. jus sayin!

Now quit your sniveling and post some survival bushcraft stuff and join the group or.... catch ya later? Its up to you.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    You are certainly welcome to play dress up and live under a tarp shelter on the weekends and discuss it here but if your looking for another Survival boards forum where you and your darkside buddys used to wreak havoc then you found the wrong place here.

Don't try to play me with the all holier than thou skit. I am fully aware of your non adult like behavior on other forums.. jus sayin!

Now quit your sniveling and post some survival bushcraft stuff and join the group or.... catch ya later? Its up to you.
    your response is disappointing, but not surprising.

Can you explain why you respond that way? Because it certainly seems antagonistic and unwelcoming.
    yeah, never mind

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 389 Posts
    No one blade can efficiently do everything. I have a Mora in my GHB, inexpensive, holds a pretty good edge, and good for doing lite work. In the bag is also an Ontario Knife SP-15, pointy, sharp, serrated back side, it'll do a lot of damage. Attached to the bag is a machete, not a great one but it'll get me home. In my pocket there is always the Buck. I don't pack a saw, just what I need to get me n wife the 40 miles from work to home.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-06-2019),Inor (01-06-2019),RubberDuck (01-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lopie View Post
    your response is disappointing, but not surprising.

Can you explain why you respond that way? Because it certainly seems antagonistic and unwelcoming.
    You wouldn't like what I could dig up. But I have better things to do than dig up a few things to prove my point. In fact I don't have to prove anything.

Anyhoo... glad to see your balls are big enough to come back and stir the pot. Some of the boys need a new play toy enjoy your stay here.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by MoreAmmoOK View Post
    No one blade can efficiently do everything. I have a Mora in my GHB, inexpensive, holds a pretty good edge, and good for doing lite work. In the bag is also an Ontario Knife SP-15, pointy, sharp, serrated back side, it'll do a lot of damage. Attached to the bag is a machete, not a great one but it'll get me home. In my pocket there is always the Buck. I don't pack a saw, just what I need to get me n wife the 40 miles from work to home.
    Curious about the Ontario SP15 I'll have to do a search on one.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    You wouldn't like what I could dig up. But I have better things to do than dig up a few things to prove my point.

Yes, I was difficult in the past. I'm trying to be a better person. I drink way less than I used to. People change.

...enjoy your stay here.
    when the owner doesn't want you in the store, there's no point in staying.

And it's pretty clear you don't want me here.

Sorry Coastie. I'm at a loss. I'll see you on the bushcraft forum.
    yeah, never mind

Quote Originally Posted by lopie View Post
    Yes, I was difficult in the past. I'm trying to be a better person. I drink way less than I used to. People change.

when the owner doesn't want you in the store, there's no point in staying.

And it's pretty clear you don't want me here.

Sorry Coastie. I'm at a loss. I'll see you on the bushcraft forum.
    Not at all your welcome to stay but I'm not going to coddle you.

And for the umpteenth time I am not the owner. I'm just one of the custodians.

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 389 Posts
    Curious about the Ontario SP15 I'll have to do a search on one.
    Haven't had a chance to use/abuse it much. It mostly just lives in the bag. Looks and feels like a good defensive tool though. Something to fend off lions n tiger n bears, lots of them here in OK.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-06-2019)

Now, hawgy m'boy, remember I stated in one of my posts that a machete type blade didn't work well in my area?

So your bowie, used as a machete, would not be as effective as my hatchet. Remember the mission oriented comment? If I know I'm going to go clear firing lanes, or around a camp area, I take the hatchet.
    I can do all this stuff with my libertariat, to include skinning small game, but it takes some practice putting your arm through the lanyard and using just the squared tip for skinning.

I ask you to bear in mind, I am faced with the possibility that my "bugout" in the event of an EMP as devastatingly horrible as preppers fear, will be about a 180 mile hike.
    So if I study how to build shelters, practice with different skills, and actually get out walking further than a deer stand to test my ability, stamina, and equipment, my perspective may be different than other's theories. As such, my equipment needs and preferences may also differ from the deer woods of Michigan.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Now, hawgy m'boy, remember I stated in one of my posts that a machete type blade didn't work well in my area?

So your bowie, used as a machete, would not be as effective as my hatchet. Remember the mission oriented comment? If I know I'm going to go clear firing lanes, or around a camp area, I take the hatchet.
    I can do all this stuff with my libertariat, to include skinning small game, but it takes some practice putting your arm through the lanyard and using just the squared tip for skinning.

I ask you to bear in mind, I am faced with the possibility that my "bugout" in the event of an EMP as devastatingly horrible as preppers fear, will be about a 180 mile hike.
    So if I study how to build shelters, practice with different skills, and actually get out walking further than a deer stand to test my ability, stamina, and equipment, my perspective may be different than other's theories. As such, my equipment needs and preferences may also differ from the deer woods of Michigan.
    I can sear a slab of backstrap on the side of my bowie can you do that with your saw or hatchet?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast