Thread: Clueless Delusional 'Preppers'

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,462 Times in 5,153 Posts

Clueless Delusional 'Preppers'

It's astonishing to read some of the posts of people in prepper forums who think they are prepping for SHTF. I'm not talking about folks who homestead, or put up a large food supply, or stock tons of ammo/weapons...but even some of them...

I'm talking about those who live near, or in the middle of, 1,000+ population and up and think they will survive.

I wasn't born yet during the Depression - but my Aunt lived through it, in a city, and she spoke of the gardens in their (and everybody's) back yards, and how they got by. People today are the farthest from being self-sufficient - not only to feed themselves but in mentality too. Expecting rescue, expecting others to provide. Believing their neighbors will feed them, or wont steal their food. Not gonna happen.

But the really astonishing thing is they think well, if a nuke or EMP hits far enough away, we'll be okay here in our city...WRONG! Before the 'cloud' even dissipates, everything will stop. There will be no more shipments of food from one part of the country to another; I don't need to explain why that is.

I get that not everyone can move out of population centers. What I don't get is why they think they'll survive with, you know, a little food & guns on hand. Delusional. Clueless.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (01-06-2018),buckfynn (01-16-2018),Camel923 (01-06-2018),Dwight55 (01-07-2018),Inor (01-06-2018),Mister Mills (01-06-2018),rstanek (01-07-2018),RubberDuck (01-06-2018),shootbrownelk (01-06-2018),StratBastard (09-29-2019)