PDA

View Full Version : Miracles, Luck, and Coincidence: Miracles don't happen

Dwight55
12-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Sunday's message: miracles, . . . do you need one?

https://youtu.be/rQN1J29YPlE

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
12-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Sunday's message: miracles, . . . do you need one?

https://youtu.be/rQN1J29YPlE

May God bless,
Dwight

I do not want a miracle. I HATE drama. I want calm, quiet moving forward. Please give me boring progress over a miracle any day!

We have spoken of this personally... I do not want the Holy Ghost in my life! The Holy Ghost is chaotic and usually painful to me. He/She gives me what I need and what is healthy, but not usually in a way that I like. If I am talking to Holy Ghost, I did something wrong 3 steps back!

I pray that I can hear and follow the Lord, so I do not need to be slapped by Holy Ghost!

But that's just me...

Dwight55
12-04-2017, 07:13 AM
Let's talk about miracles for a moment, . . .

1. 1. All miracles have a “greater good” associated with them, . . . sometimes discernible, . . . sometimes not. If there is no greater good, no miracle will come.

When Jesus healed the centurion's servant early in His ministry, . . . up in Capernaum, . . . because the centurion was the de-facto mayor-police chief-treasurer-one man city council, . . . Jesus obtained permission to live there free of any Jewish interference for the duration of his ministry. The greater good was His protection.

2. Some miracles provide a subtle point.

When the Syrophonicean woman's daughter was healed, . . . He proved that salvation was available to all races, ethnicities, colors, tribes, etc.

3. Some miracles go un-noticed, as they are accredited elsewhere

(doctors prescribe, stitch, etc. but alone in His work, it is God who actually does the healing, . . . but all too often it is "Dr. Such and such" who is credited with the "healing")

4. All miracles make for a change in the life of the one receiving it

Blind Bartimaeus is one of my favorite characters. The language suggests he is a beggar, . . . and an adult one at that. Beggars were "permitted" in a manner similar to what we would think of as licensing them, . . . and he had a choice spot at the Jerusalem gate going into Jericho. The dude most likely made a good living. All of that changed when he asked for Jesus to heal him. He could no longer beg, . . . HAD TO GO GET A JOB, . . . :bigthumbup:

Bartimaeus' life seriously changed.

Miracles are not always earth shaking events, . . . sometimes they are just those little things that we have to look at and say, . . . "Yeah, . . . that was a God thing, . . . He did it for me".

And remember, . . . in 3/4 of a million words, . . . in the 66 books of the Bible you do not find the two words "luck" and "coincidence" anywhere. They are words invented by non-believers to account for the miracles actually done by the hand of God in our lives.

May God bless,
Dwight