PDA

View Full Version : Some Prayers are not answered

Dwight55
08-27-2018, 01:29 PM
https://youtu.be/FoZ7_GtuIT8

A discussion of why sometimes prayers are not answered.

May God bless,
Dwight

LivoniaDan
08-27-2018, 07:01 PM
https://youtu.be/FoZ7_GtuIT8

A discussion of why sometimes prayers are not answered.

May God bless,
Dwight

God does answer all prayers....
It is just that .... sometimes the answer is NO....

Now I will watch your linked video....

OSFG
08-27-2018, 09:31 PM
we assume that God should intervene in all things... in a world where things must evolve, grow, decide, and become...there must exist all things... a front without a back is one dimensional. To have good you must have evil...to have love you must have loathing... to have justice you must have injustice.

There is no utopia outside of heaven....so seek it not.....just asked for the strength to accept what is to come.

Coastie dad
08-27-2018, 11:25 PM
It's funny my wife and I were discussing something similar to this just recently. Sometimes God answers in a way we think is negative, when instead it's positive. "Everything happens for the best" is what my great grandmother would say.

Now for instance, let's take the theft of my beloved truck by those lousy, God forsaken bastards.
We've been saying that we need a vehicle that will haul more tiny humans. But I was unwilling to give up my truck. My turbo charger has been acting up, and it needed a new rear end. And steering box. The wife was getting worried about me driving it so far in the mountains every week, afraid something would give out at a bad time.

So, let's say that my unspoken prayer was that I could get just a little further with it before major breakdown occurred.
Her prayer was that I would give up the truck and get something we could get more family use out of before I got killed in a wreck.

Sometimes that "no" means a yes answer for someone else.

LivoniaDan
09-02-2018, 03:22 PM
<<snip>>
There is no utopia outside of heaven....so seek it not.....just asked for the strength to accept what is to come.<<<<<<<ASIDE>>>>> Saw a meme recently that said something like:
God give me Patience.... Because if you give me Strength I will need bail money too.....

Sometimes that "no" means a yes answer for someone else. Yea That

Inor
09-02-2018, 03:56 PM
It's funny my wife and I were discussing something similar to this just recently. Sometimes God answers in a way we think is negative, when instead it's positive. "Everything happens for the best" is what my great grandmother would say.

Now for instance, let's take the theft of my beloved truck by those lousy, God forsaken bastards.
We've been saying that we need a vehicle that will haul more tiny humans. But I was unwilling to give up my truck. My turbo charger has been acting up, and it needed a new rear end. And steering box. The wife was getting worried about me driving it so far in the mountains every week, afraid something would give out at a bad time.

So, let's say that my unspoken prayer was that I could get just a little further with it before major breakdown occurred.
Her prayer was that I would give up the truck and get something we could get more family use out of before I got killed in a wreck.

Sometimes that "no" means a yes answer for someone else.

Plus, you now get a new truck out of the deal. Sounds like a win-win to me. - Praise God!

Coastie dad
09-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Eh... wouldn't go that far about the new truck yet, but it does herald a change.