PDA

View Full Version : God said it . . . believe it........

Dwight55
06-03-2020, 10:24 PM
Sorry about not getting this up sooner . . . spend Sunday evening in the ER . . . getting 3 pieces of metal dug out of my right eye.

Not a fun thing . . . believe me.

Anyway . . . being on the computer for 5 minutes . . . I can do . . . much longer and my right eye hollers back at me.

BUT . . . finally got it done tonight . . . here it is.

https://youtu.be/pGB6fheotbk

May God bless,
Dwight

MountainGirl
06-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Ouch!! Hope you feel better & heal fast ((hugs))
You need them peepers!

hawgrider
06-04-2020, 05:24 AM
How did you manage that Mr Dwight?

Dwight55
06-04-2020, 07:14 AM
How did you manage that Mr Dwight?

Not sure Hawg, . . . used a band saw to cut some aluminum last week, . . . pretty sure it was aluminum in the eye (there was no rust which would have most certainly been present had it been iron or steel), . . . just one of those "shop" things that happens.

Been saying "Thank You" to the Lord ever since I got the good news that there was no permanent damage other than a residual minor scar out of my main vision area.

May God bless,
Dwight

hawgrider
06-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Not sure Hawg, . . . used a band saw to cut some aluminum last week, . . . pretty sure it was aluminum in the eye (there was no rust which would have most certainly been present had it been iron or steel), . . . just one of those "shop" things that happens.

Been saying "Thank You" to the Lord ever since I got the good news that there was no permanent damage other than a residual minor scar out of my main vision area.

May God bless,
Dwight

I had a chunk of steel get in one eye once several decades ago yeah no fun the damage felt like the worst welding flash burn you ever had for at least a week.

And no fun watching the eye guy dig that bad boy out while awake and watching:shocked:

Innkeeper
06-04-2020, 10:09 AM
I agree with you both on the vision thing. I am very protective of mine after having my own run ins. At 16 while helping my uncle cut green chop for the cows I caught a piece in the eye, it ended up scaring over. They had to cut it and the scar tissue off which sucked. And about 27 when I was taking a break from active duty I was working as a land surveyor cutting line while doing a job I had a piece of bark shoot back and scratch my cornea, didn't leave anything in it but took a couple weeks to heal, I never leave home without eye pro now.

Gotta protect your eyes gentlemen they are very important.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dwight55
06-04-2020, 05:58 PM
I had a chunk of steel get in one eye once several decades ago yeah no fun the damage felt like the worst welding flash burn you ever had for at least a week.

And no fun watching the eye guy dig that bad boy out while awake and watching:shocked:

Yeah, . . . "no fun" doesn't even get started describing it.

I had a 30 something young lady who is titled a "physician's assistant" here in Ohio, . . . she was very apologetic and careful, . . . describing everything she was doin, . . . and I'm really glad she warned me that the numbing sauce would sting like the devil before it numbed the eyeball, . . . I mean OUCH with both lungs.

She got the first two pieces out with a q-tip . . . had to call the doc to get the last one, . . . he took a needle on the end of a syringe, . . . rolled it next to the place, . . . like squeezing a pimple . . . rolled out the last piece.

He couldn't give me the numbing sauce . . . said to take ibuprofin or something for the "discomfort" . . . yeah . . . right.

Finally got to sleep and each morning it has been a bit better. Best news was doc yesterday said no permanent effects that would be detrimental to my sight, . . . thank you Lord.

May God bless,
Dwight

StratBastard
06-04-2020, 06:26 PM
Yeah, . . . "no fun" doesn't even get started describing it.

I had a 30 something young lady who is titled a "physician's assistant" here in Ohio, . . . she was very apologetic and careful, . . . describing everything she was doin, . . . and I'm really glad she warned me that the numbing sauce would sting like the devil before it numbed the eyeball, . . . I mean OUCH with both lungs.

She got the first two pieces out with a q-tip . . . had to call the doc to get the last one, . . . he took a needle on the end of a syringe, . . . rolled it next to the place, . . . like squeezing a pimple . . . rolled out the last piece.

He couldn't give me the numbing sauce . . . said to take ibuprofin or something for the "discomfort" . . . yeah . . . right.

Finally got to sleep and each morning it has been a bit better. Best news was doc yesterday said no permanent effects that would be detrimental to my sight, . . . thank you Lord.

May God bless,
Dwight

Glad you are on the mend!

Dwight55
06-04-2020, 09:51 PM
Glad you are on the mend!

Thank you, Sir..........

Me too even.....

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
06-04-2020, 10:30 PM
Eye issues scare the crap out of me! That is one of the few times I am glad I have to wear glasses.

It is good you are getting better.

Ricekila
06-04-2020, 10:34 PM
BOO !

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/As%20posted%20on%20Survivalist/Public%20service/.highres/4-Mar-7_zps36ad8f0f.jpg (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/a/d9e09810-2e17-4b31-955b-e499d076c1b0/p/d635064e-72a9-47a7-be41-233b825c623a)

Slippy
06-05-2020, 04:47 AM
Thanks Ricekila.

Glad you're OK Pastor Dwight!!!

Dwight55
06-05-2020, 06:38 AM
Thanks Ricekila.

Glad you're OK Pastor Dwight!!!

Thanks, Slippy, . . . that Ricekila post makes everything in me want to pucker up and get out of the way, . . . ouch!!!

May God bless,
Dwight

Ricekila
06-05-2020, 09:25 AM
Pucker you say -- meet my buddy - Rod -- LOL

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v667/RICEKILA/image_59675.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/a/d9e09810-2e17-4b31-955b-e499d076c1b0/p/ca44062f-0e13-426b-896b-368d880dbf78)