PDA

View Full Version : Why do you CHOOSE to believe the Bible?

LivoniaDan
01-28-2024, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJw_OB3O9c

BucketBack
01-28-2024, 05:05 PM
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth I'm told

Because he's not the type to wind up on Sunday

Dual prophecy

I like to figure out old school lingo to see if it's translated correct

LivoniaDan
01-28-2024, 05:25 PM
(SNIP)

(/SNIP)
This pastor does a good job of referencing the Original writings /languages and explaining key words when appropriate.

BucketBack
01-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Well water, when I figure out how the Lions won't cover. the Mrs and Me will view this. Fox doesn't come in, Antenna won't work, and it's blocked by everyone else. It would on be the 2nd game I've watched since Brady won with Tampa when Fox wouldn't come in on cable or internet,and I had to pay for CBS streaming

bigwheel
01-28-2024, 07:55 PM
I believe the Bible because at age 40 my wife stuck a plain English version in my Ditty bag while I was on the midnight shift and it rained solid for three weeks and all I could find to do was read it under a street light. The more I read it the more it made sense. I repented of my sins and the Lord stuck His Hook in my jaw and reeled me up. That was 34 years ago and The Hook is still firmly affixed.

Dwight55
01-28-2024, 08:13 PM
I believe the Bible because at age 40 my wife stuck a plain English version in my Ditty bag while I was on the midnight shift and it rained solid for three weeks and all I could find to do was read it under a street light. The more I read it the more it made sense. I repented of my sins and the Lord stuck His Hook in my jaw and reeled me up. That was 34 years ago and The Hook is still firmly affixed.

That was a good day . . . mine was Christmas night 1977 . . . and like you said . . . it has stuck ever since . . .

Also have not found one thing in there that is something near untrue . . . or questionable.

May God bless,
Dwight

Mad Trapper
01-28-2024, 11:41 PM
I was brought up Catholic. Did all the stuff through Confirmation. I love Jesus, not so much the church

1) In my life I have felt the presence devil/Satan. I worried for my soul a really felt evil incarnate.

2) In my life I have felt the Lord Jesus saving my soul. I have felt his love for me

Satan is real. Don't let him fool you. WTF do you think is wrong with man kind now?

God bless you all.

Try to be good and follow his commandments. You will be a better person. Ask forgiveness of your sins daily. I am a sinner

LivoniaDan
01-29-2024, 01:15 PM
(SNIP)

(/SNIP)

Also... some of this is explained starting around the 20 minute mark

1skrewsloose
01-29-2024, 07:30 PM
In the mid 80's I was in NJ, left the bar about 8 pm, early for me, went home thinking there must be something better to life, feeling really, really depressed. Sat in my chair with my hands on my face bent over looking at my feet. Prayed to Jesus to help me, many times, weeping, all of a sudden my head came up, I looked at the ceiling and it felt like someone had placed warm blankets around me, my depression was gone. To this day I believe the Lord had sent Angels to comfort me. I'll take a lie detector test, He is REAL. btw, I was born and raised a cathoilc.

It was so weird, like I could actually feel a physical presence. Never doubted Him since.

bigwheel
01-29-2024, 08:27 PM
Praise the Lord! Great report. Thanks for sharing. Pretty sure the instant I got saved was preceded by a blue glowing ceature with soft wings came and breathed in my mouth while I laid in bed trying to sleep with the lights out. It was a wonderful experience.

1skrewsloose
01-29-2024, 09:36 PM
With me it was like someone giving me a huge, big warm hug. What else needs to said, He's THE ONE. He knows what each of us need.

I've been down before this happened, but maybe not down far enough, HE knew I needed His help at that time and place.

1skrewsloose
01-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Just one more thing to add, I have never before or since felt a feeling of such peace and well being, serious here, such calm and no worries. Like heaven???!! Have we been touched by His hand? I think so.

Dwight55
01-29-2024, 10:16 PM
I guess I didn't really address the question originally asked.

First off . . . there are basically two choices . . . Creation VS Big Bang.

The big bang says that all the material of the planets, stars, moons, asteroids, of ALL THE SOLAR SYSTEM . . . was at one time condensed into a place no bigger than a tablespoon.

And then there was a BIG BANG which sent all the matter out into space . . . and it formed the planets, stars, suns, moons, asteroids . . . and gave the raw material for every thing else to "evolve" from.

Creation says in 6 days . . . God spoke what He wanted done . . . and Jesus created it (Genesis 1 / St. John 1) . . . and it was all done by intelligent design.

Big bang said the grand canyon and all other similar formations came from little rivers meandering for 3 billion or so years.

Creation says it was created after Noah's flood. AND big bang has no answer for the fish remains found 10,000 or so feet above sea level . . . disclaiming the flood as a myth.

Big bang says we should do as our hearts prod us to do . . . with no remorse . . . nothing "immoral" or "evil" . . . if it feels good . . . do it.

Creation lists 10 commandments that have for 3500 years been a yardstick that has created virtually all the laws on all the books . . . and thru it's teachings . . . led to the greatest country ever created to come into existence on July 4th 1776.

Big bang says that everything living today has evolved from another life form over several billion years . . . slowly but surely . . . with minute changes . . . one example is that the tyrannasaurus rex evilved into the . . . ready for it???? . . . the chicken. Yep . . . they say you're eating a 2024 model of the TR every time you go to Col Sanders.

Creation challenged big bang to show remains of the interim evolutions . . . and are still awaiting the first example. So far big bang has come up MT handed.

I could go on and on for a long time . . . but I think you all get the point. From a logical standpoint . . . big bang didn't happen . . . creation did.

AND . . . if creation did . . . hard as it us for mere humans to fathom . . . then since that is the start of the book . . . that means the rest must be true because there is no section that can hold a candle to God taking Adam's rib and from it fashioning the most beautiful woman in the world from it.

Yeah . . . I believe the Bible simply because it is true . . . it has to be . . . there is absolutely NO OTHER explanation for us getting here.

Which brings up the big point . . . US . . . why are we here? We are simply placed here to make one simple choice. Jesus or Satan . . . like it or not . . . we will serve one or we will serve the other . . . and refusing to make a choice makes that person a default Satan worshipper . . .

How's that???? It's simply because Romans 3:23 proclaims all as sinners . . . and without the repentance . . . a sinner they will stay . . . and when they die . . . they will burn in hell forever.

This ol preacher figured that out several decades ago . . . and ain't about to change.

May God bless,
Dwight

Slippy
01-30-2024, 06:51 AM
I don't study or read the Bible as much as I used to, Mrs Slippy reads every day and has attended a Women's Bible Study for years.

With me, it's much more of a personal relationship with Lord and Savior. We talk regularly, He nudges me gently... mostly. I make Him chuckle.

Inor
01-30-2024, 01:43 PM
Thanks Pastor Dwight!

I honestly do not have the brain power to deal with figuring that out. And frankly, even if I did, it is unlikely to change how I go about life. I figure, He put me here, at this time, for some reason with a task or set of tasks to accomplish. My job is just to accomplish those tasks as best as I can and leave the rest to Him. Maybe some day I will be privy to how I fit into the overall tapestry of life, the universe and everything; or maybe I won't. Either way, I am fine with it.

rstanek
01-30-2024, 02:17 PM
My opinion, is better to believe and be wrong, then not to believe and be wrong….

BucketBack
01-30-2024, 06:35 PM
Around 1978 during the blizzard, I went to a non-denominational church, and the pastor asked if anyone had an injury. I claimed my knee, and it was healed. That is until New Years Eve 2008, when I slipped on the ice covered drive prepping for ice fishing

Or when AquaLung came out, and I didn't confirm a religion.

stevekozak
02-01-2024, 06:34 AM
I choose to believe The Book because the ending is so good.

Modfan
02-01-2024, 05:14 PM
I was never a big believer until about 15 years ago. My wife gave me a David Jerimiah book "What in the world is going on" I couldn't put it down. Then I had to understand how everything I had been taught about evolution was wrong.

I sat down and looked at differences between millions of years ago when evolution began and now. After I SWAGed some numbers. It became simple math if you look at evolution ratios 1 change in 10,000 persons over 100,000 years. Now there are 8 billion people in the world. If you continue to use the same ratio evolution falls apart. If my numbers are correct, you should have a major evolutionary change every 8 years.

Now I know there is no way that we couldn't be here without outside help.

LivoniaDan
02-02-2024, 12:41 PM
My opinion, is better to believe and be wrong, then not to believe and be wrong….

Pascals Wager

He argued that people can choose to believe in God or can choose to not believe in God, and that God either exists or he does not.
Under these conditions, if a person believes in the Christian God and this God actually exists, they gain infinite happiness;
if a person does not believe in the Christian God and God exists, they receive infinite suffering.

On the other hand, if a person believes in the Christian God and God does not exist, then they receive some finite disadvantages from a life of Christian living;
and if a person does not believe in this God and God does not exist, then they receive some finite pleasure from a life lived unhindered by Christian morality.