12-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Worth checking in to...........

https://youtu.be/ZafLyfKik34

May God bless,
Dwight

Denton
12-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Thanks, Bro. Dwight.

Last night, some friends and I were in the break room, waiting for 2230 hrs so we could clock out and go home. "Work Wife," as I call her, sits to my left, and Bill sits across from us. I call him the chairman of the board because of it. Fitting, as that Marine is smarter than us.
The chairman of the board was telling us about a video he watched on YouTube. A family was frantically driving down a mountain road, attempting to escape the raging wild fire That burned the Smokey Mountains. The fire was all around them, as the woman drove and the man videoed the escape. He said you could hear the man grumbling about they had no warning to get out of the cabin and flee.
That got me to thinking. He did get a warning. I believe, anyway. I believe the Holy Spirit yelled at him; "LEAVE! LEAVE OR DIE!"

My wife and I spent a week in a cabin that was just a few miles from Dollywood. It was up on a hill. The view from the back porch was wonderful. It had a pool table, too. Neither of us are good at shooting pool, but it was fun to play. I have no doubt the cabin is gone, now. Just gone. Just as sure as the fire came up to the gate of Dollywood, that cabin on the hill is gone.
Wife and I planned on going back to that cabin one day. We didn't know what the future held, nor did we even consider it. We just assumed. We assumed the cabin would be there, just as we assumed we'd be here to go back to that cabin, one day.

That family, a man, his wife, and their dog, didn't know they were going to be driving through a wild fire in order to escape death, that morning. I don't know, but they may have been fleeing from the same cabin my wife and I planned on going back to, one day, but I feel confident that the clueless family was urged by the Holy Spirit to get up and flee.
What I do know is the point that you drove home to me in this sermon. Don't assume you saved because you know who Jesus is and because you deem yourself to be a "good man." Acknowledge, ask forgiveness, repent, rely on the Holy Spirit, pray, and don't assume.

Thank you for answering the calling, Bro. Dwight. Through you, the Holy Spirit is reaching to a sort of slow-witted boy in south Alabama.